Anyone Do Skiing Or Snowboarding?

Boswell

I do both but at the moment I am trying to concentrate on my Snowboarding. Who else on here Snowboards or Skis? I have missed the last 2 seasons and i'm gaging to get back on the slops. Im just about to turn 17, have I left it to late to start learning freestyle (Jumps)?

My favourate Skiing video...

Youtube Video -> Original Video
Edited by Boswell

I do both and used to race. Missed this season because I broke my leg last year on the slopes and it still feels a bit weak.

17 isn't too young to start. Although people in your age class will be a lot better than you. If you haven't got the basics dialled then go back and sort it out.

Yeah, a piste basher had to come because a helicopter couldn't land close enough. Proper weird feeling, got up, put my skis back on, cos it felt like I had a dead leg. Skiied about 3 meters then dropped down to check if my leg was bleeding, cos it went real warm and bleeding like. Only to find my leg broken.

Snowboarder me. Im not going to say its better than skiing cos everyone knows it is so....

Been three times. Love off piste stuff except when those pesky trees jump out at you :S

If youve never been DO IT.

Youll not regret it.

Snowboarder me. Im not going to say its better than skiing cos everyone knows it is so....

Been three times. Love off piste stuff except when those pesky trees jump out at you :S

If youve never been DO IT.

Youll not regret it.

You hear about that boy round here that went ski-ing and died rich ?

There were two separate incidents.

1. A 12/13 year old boy from our school was on the school ski trip, i think he was a beginner, crashed full on into a tree. Im unsure whether he died at the scene or in hospital but he died.

2. Saw on the front of a news paper that a boy attempted to save his friend from falling to his death over an edge, but fell. Not sure where he was from, local or not, assuming both of them died.

So do be caeful out there its not a completely safe sport. Use you head and just think about others.

So do be caeful out there its not a completely safe sport. Use you head and just think about others.

Word to that. It's a lot of fun but can be dangerous. I fell 10m into a cravass whilst off piste in Flaine and had to be winched out.

Be careful kids.

Photo-0032.jpg

Word to that. It's a lot of fun but can be dangerous. I fell 10m into a cravass whilst off piste in Flaine and had to be winched out.

Be careful kids.

Hope you were ok man. Lids aint stupid either. Snow aint always soft you know!!

i can ski, went austria last year, was great. i really wannu go snowbaording though.

anyone know what scotlands like for it, would be alot easier to arrange to go there if its any good.

your a bit late now most of the snow is gone (although it's snowing on the hills today), mid january it's awesome, either in the nevis range, the lecht, or the cairngoroms.

but saying that, the price of driving up here, finding somewhere to stay, getting a ski pass is gonna be 200-300 anyway and for another hundred or so you could be in the french alps

I used to ski when i was alot younger, got into the local racing team when i was about 12. Tried a bit of boarding a couple of years ago on the dry stuff, really enjoyed it and would love to try it on snow. The boy who was 12, Hayden Waller went to my school. Its pretty grim what happened to him. A teacher is having psychiatary because he tried to resuccutate him and it didnt work. I feel for him, must be really shit.

I've been learning for the last few months. Got linked turns dialed and starting jumps in Xscape in Castleford.

Trying to get there more and more cos artificial snow is so much better than dry slope!

Was gonna be going tomorrow but thats not happening so next week it is. Got myself some burton boots a few months ago which rock and gonna buy some more shit this summer cheap hopefully. Probs some Bonfire pants in abit :)