Anyone Else Think This Is A Good Idea?

Hi people

was wondering weather i could get your views on this

''For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat''(quote tomturd)

I was thinking(for a change) what if there was a section in new members chat were people could list

their wanted or for sale items because it seems like a fair few people who are new to the site are also new to trials

which means that they aren't necessarily going to want to splash out on a brand new bike and maybe ebay hasn't got the type there after.

where better then trials forum to be able to maybe purchase one at a reasonable price. Also the people who are not as new to trials but are still new to trials forum

cannot sell their old parts when maybe they want to know there going to someone who may need them instead of say a compulsive ebay buyer.

i can understand that there may be some issues with this, especially trust as in people aren't going to run off with someone elses hard earned cash.

also as stated in the rules buying and selling on someones behalf is not allowed which is also understandable due to again trust issues, but surley there must be around these issues. for example a checked contact number or such.

just a little thought

comments would be appreciated by both members and pre members so that theres a chance we might be able to arrange something with the moderators or just to tell me it's a bulls**t suggestion

peace

I think, It would be a very bad idea! You could get Any random Person Join up to the forum non validated and he could say im sponserd i have a load of good parts going cheap list up stuff he would probally copy off tarty and you lot send him money he Never comes on this forum Again Hey Presto Your out of cash !!

Well to be brutally honest, it's a shit idea, people could just join up, claim to have something for sale, some one pays and they don't send it out.

There is more reasons but i'm sure someone else will explain as i cba, bottom line is it won't work (Y)

Beat u two it adam :)

I get what you are saying by this statement.

I think there's the trust part thats goig to be hard to get along with.

Plus think of all the other questions that will end up being asked like, "what does this mean" or "what are you thoughts on this" just because its up for sale. not having ago as it would be ok if the people used the search on here etc etc but lets be honest, they dont.

i don't see why they cant put on there what they are looking for and then the ful members can say yes i have it. i think thats not a bad idea just that nonmembers cant sell but cam put in wanted topics.......

x

Edited by stuie

Well to be brutally honest, it's a shit idea, people could just join up, claim to have something for sale, some one pays and they don't send it out.

There is more reasons but i'm sure someone else will explain as i cba, bottom line is it won't work (Y)

Well i had thought of those issues as stated in the post and am currently thinking of ways to resolve that but u guys are probably right but was just a lil thought

thanks for your input guys

peace

Also some new members dont have a clue, Only a few but if they were to say i would like to buy that Magura and they dont no what fitting they have vee mounts or 4 bolt and they recieve it with evo mounts they wont be very happy but its there fault! and you will get loads off new members posting topics i have bought this and it dont fit blah blah blah!

Also some new members dont have a clue, Only a few but if they were to say i would like to buy that Magura and they dont no what fitting they have vee mounts or 4 bolt and they recieve it with evo mounts they wont be very happy but its there fault! and you will get loads off new members posting topics i have bought this and it dont fit blah blah blah!

well looks like i have well and truly struck home with the stupidest thought on the planet, but then again it was a thought nonetheless. alas am off to stick ones head in a bucket >_<

well looks like i have well and truly struck home with the stupidest thought on the planet, but then again it was a thought nonetheless. alas am off to stick ones head in a bucket >_<

to be honest I think the New members wanted only Could work but they have to describe exacttly What they want, so they dont buy the wrong stuff =] Was a good idea mate.

to be honest I think the New members wanted only Could work but they have to describe exacttly What they want, so they dont buy the wrong stuff =] Was a good idea mate.

Yay don't feel so retarded now also think your idea of being very specific could indeed work still need to think about the trust issues though cup of coffee and a biscuit might help that one

glad to see i am not completeley alone with this one

I get what you are saying by this statement.

I think there's the trust part thats goig to be hard to get along with.

Plus think of all the other questions that will end up being asked like, "what does this mean" or "what are you thoughts on this" just because its up for sale. not having ago as it would be ok if the people used the search on here etc etc but lets be honest, they dont.

i don't see why they cant put on there what they are looking for and then the ful members can say yes i have it. i think thats not a bad idea just that nonmembers cant sell but cam put in wanted topics.......

x

sorry dude missed you due to my comp being a bit elton john.

i think you sir may be on to somthing with the posting of wanteds only that is a good idea in my books

peace

Im pretty sure the trust issue's wil be fine with older members selling new members stuff only, Also the new member could check the older memberss feedback and if hes black listed or not :D

aha lads i think we may be getting somwhere here grrrraaaarrrrghh(pirate speak)

any more comments????

Yeah I it does seem like a good idea for me of having the validated members being able to sell to the new members.

First of all it would help a lot the new member buying some cheep parts if they cant afford new ones but

in a way also get them a bit more into the sport.

And secondly the full members would sell a stuff a bit easier as there is quiet a few new members that needs parts or full bikes.

I cant see any disadvantages of this ?

Thanks for noticing what i put lol. (about the wanted part)

makes sence in my mine because i was looking at getting some parts off here before i got validated and by the time it happened there was nothing of the sort that i was looking for lol.

I think give it a go and if there is too many complants then close down the section again. (Y)

x

Alright next question.

does anyone thing that we should go to the moderators and put this idea forwards?

or at least get some sugestions off them to see if they think this can work

peace

It won't happen. Seriously it's not that hard to get validated. There are enough tips about it listed.

Having only a "Wanted" section will help because of all the reasons said by over members.

Make a poll and see how many people think new members should have a "Wanted" thread.

You will only give up your cash if you want to, to the full members for the parts they say in your wanted thread.

Tom was also on about switching the classified section in to A "wanted" and "forsale" .

So mybe new members could put there wanted posts in to that?

If not Tom will have this in mind for new-members "wanted thread"

Callum

Then when of the main points of validation that protects people has gone. People will find a pic of a part put it up forsale and rip people off, also people will just sign up and use it for selling and buying and not contribute to the forum. Theres a reason like it is with validation for good reasons.

Unfortunately, as many of you have pointed out, the possibility of someone being able to just create a new members account and waltz into your wallet is far too much of a risk.

Selling between new members and full members/selling for someone else is also banned but not quite for the same reason; its more to preserve the integrity of the forum, i.e. if you have somone selling something for someone else, should a deal go sour, it creates hassle for someone having to chase down one perosn, who has to chase down another, who has to chase down another, etc, etc.

It is a tricky system but its not unreasonable and is there to protect the livelihood and of our members and also to cover our own backs should something go seriously tits up, we need to be able to say (in a legitimate term) "we told you so."

Please do continue to discuss the topic as it seems like a constructive idea, all I'll say is I can't see the administrators stance on this changing anytime soon.

Rich

New members being able to post wanted ads is an ok idea, but surely you could just go into the full members classifieds, find what youre after and contact them via PM or MSN?

Also, you could always just get validated to prove you're not a total 'tard and just use the classifieds...

Hey I think that letting the New Memebers buy off of the guys isnt a bad idea.

I mean if you send a money order or check then you just wait for it to clear before you send your kit out.

And hey most of the guys that use this forum are from the UK and im sorry if you really want somin then you should be able to say yeah i want this then drive out to where ever the guy lives and pick it up. IE cash transaction means no risk.

I mean if a guy whos new to trials is willing to drive from scotland to wales (45 minutes :giggle: ) then I think he can be trusted.

But new guys should NOT be selling, there is too much risk cuz we dont know you at all.

Sorry but its true!!

I'm actually going to have to agree with you guys that selling for new members is out of the question,

but i am happy that some of you guys have read the post and put some good ideas in especially the wanted only part,

and only being able to buy from full members.

would however like to see some other pre members putting their thoughts into this.

peace