Anyone Ride A Gu Typhoon 26" With A Low Stem?

trials_pimp

Been riding my Gu for a while now (06 one) and its got an Echo Hifi 140x45 stem on it, which according to tartybikes is the correct stem for it.

Does anyone ride one of these frames with a lower stem on, and how to they ride?

Been thinkning about doing it for a while, as the front end is pretty high, but then so is the BB.

Is a low stem going to ruin the way the frame rides, and am I right in thinking my weight is going to be to far forward with a low stem?

Also havent been able to find a 140mm stem with a lower rise, as I like the amount of reach it has.

Im in the same position, just built an echo hifi up and got a choice of stems that I have in stock, either the onza t-rex (highish rise to suit the high BB) or my flat kore stem that I used on my old zoo boa.

Ive not tried riding properly with both stems yet but it would be handy if someone could suggest the differences in riding, ie: is it easier to gap with the higher but harder to sidehop?

I rode my GU with an Onza PZ31 which is about as low as youd want to go on any stock and the riding position was shocking weight really far forwards so it hurt your wrists after a days riding. Funnily enough though it rode quite well like that could still sidehop, tap, gap etc quite well if not better

one of my friends has a GU and when first built up i think he was using an older echo stem, the bike felt so horrible when i rode it, felt like i was bending over for an anal raping. pretty quickly he wacked the Hi-Fi stem on and the bike rode like a dream, it felt low but not majorly low and i quite liked it.

i personaly wouldnt go any lower than a hifi stem