Best Cranks To Use With Bash Ring And Front Freewheel

s3qu3nza

Ok we know everyone has different cranks and that they all have what they have for a reason.

Pretty much what it boils down to is u need stuff that dont suck.

Any of the deng stuff is ok, the tryall cranks are great and so are tensiles.

The bashring usually comes with the cranks and if not just buy the one thats supposed to.

For freewheels use either white industries eno trials, the monty freewheel,try all 108 or an acs for a budget build.

Case closed.

I wouldn't use Monty cranks with a bash, they don't have many threads compared to, say, Echo Forged, as they are designed to be run with no spacer, just the freewheel, whereas the Echos have a spacer to put on where the bash would normally go.

I know this from personal experience. (N)

I would go for Echo Forged, as they tick all the boxes.

Strong.

Cheap.

Can be run with a bash.

Relatively light.

I wouldn't use Monty cranks with a bash, they don't have many threads compared to, say, Echo Forged, as they are designed to be run with no spacer, just the freewheel, whereas the Echos have a spacer to put on where the bash would normally go.

I know this from personal experience. (N)

I would go for Echo Forged, as they tick all the boxes.

Strong.

Cheap.

Can be run with a bash.

Relatively light.

I couldnt get my tensile bash on my cranks with a freewheel

Some intresting reviews here actually. A Try-all out doing an Eno.. And Deng cranks below standard..

I've found Deng cranks to be one of the best products that come from him. 2 sets and no issues with the actual crank. I'm curious on that Aorta Ti bashring, and also why there isn't any steel bashrings. Alloy just doesn't cut it.

My 2 setups:

Echo, Echo, Echo

Adamant, ZHI bash, Eno

Both bashguards/ rockrings bent, wear to the pedal thread. Cog/ freewheel hard wearing and lasting.

czar cranks are going for as little as £60 at www.tartybikes.co.uk, they have the 7075 alloy so they cant be half bad. I also run a monty Ti freewheel which ive had for about 3/4 of a year and that too is fantastic. I find some, like the tensile ones really noisy, but maybe i'm being fussy haha.(and theres an extra 10 engagements over a tensile one) Cant speak out for the bashring as i havn't built up my stock bike yet. hope this helps. (Y)

Nick