110 - 125 Cc Pit Bikes

N Roach

Hi,

Me and mate are thinking of getting a Pit Bike each, most probably a 110cc. Does anyone know where the best place is to buy these bikes with the best service and prices? Looking to spend about £200-£300. Also where do they race these, I have seen videos of the "Mini Bike Pro" League. Further more I have been looking at the Bulldog 125cc, 4 stroke, Is that any good or can i get better for my money?

Bulldog pit bike

http://www.ghostbikes.com/pp/BIKES_AND_QUA...-Dirt-Bike.html

Mini Bike Pro video

http://video.mpora.com/watch/skPsjU4sz/

Cheers

Nathan

Edited by Koxx_Nath.C

ebay. I got my one off of there for 250 and it it was ace. you can't race an ebay bike though the people you'll be racing against will have spent thousands on theirs and they will be a heck of alot faster. best thing you can do is find a farmer with and empty field and ask nicely. they might tell you to f**k off they might not it's the risk you take. just don't race on the streets or ride them where you shouldn't, I took a shortcut home across a playing field one night on my bike, was spotted and got an asbo for it, all because i couldn't be arsed to walk 15mins extra.

my friend and I....

Edited by G4vyn

took a shortcut home across a playing field one night on my bike, was spotted and got an asbo for it, all because i couldn't be arsed to walk 15mins extra.

bollocks to that

I wonder if i rode mine around off-road in this place i know (disused grounds for a factory, nice and level now) wether i'd get busted for that.

I f**kin hope not.

I would highly reccomend the bulldog 125, i've had one. They are fast as f*ck and so torquey it's unreal. Godd strong reliable bikes aswell, also all the parts are level 1 entry race spec.

yes thats the bike. When you say level-1 entry, is that like the intermediate and expert levels in biketrials. Where is the most local club or event nearest to England?

They run pit bike days at Matchams (next to Ringwood). There was one going on when I was doing an MCN MX day there... Don't know any more than that though!

Yeah thats one place we are planning to ride, my friends dad is the person who runs that course and the event.(only lives like 4 doors away) cheers dave

Edited by Koxx_Nath.C

Don't get one there shit, I've had quite a few of them ... there all cheap and tacky and fall to bits, if you really want one. Get a thumpstar ... mates had got one of them and seems to be holiding up well, preety nippy and all.

Either that, if i was you id save your money and get a second hand KX65/60 or something, alot faster more fun ... can pick them up for around £600 witch you would with a thumpstar i suppose ...

either way there waste of money, get a real motocross bike ...

Don't get one there shit, I've had quite a few of them ... there all cheap and tacky and fall to bits, if you really want one. Get a thumpstar ... mates had got one of them and seems to be holiding up well, preety nippy and all.

Either that, if i was you id save your money and get a second hand KX65/60 or something, alot faster more fun ... can pick them up for around £600 witch you would with a thumpstar i suppose ...

either way there waste of money, get a real motocross bike ...

I have ridden motocross from the age of 8 -13 and was supported by Future Racing. I have had a kx60, but i am looking for abit of fun to get away from trials every now and again, Nothing to serious.

Having quite a lot of previous experience with Minimoto's, if you spend a good amount on one £500 onwards, then you can get yourself a good quality one.

That being for pit bikes, I'd say around the £800 mark would be the best.

But if your just looking for some fun or something to start on, the one you linked to will do just keep an eye on all the components, go over the bike when you get it, apply a bit of threadlock on anything that can work loose, and most importantly check the frame quite often.

Minimoto's were so cheap, and mainly because the frames couldn't hold up and had stress fractures occur everywhere.

Some are luck, because the build quality on them is terrible some are better than others, mine lasted me a good year of racing (had to keep on checking and welding the frame though) but the bike still can run today (I've had it for about 3 years), whereas some peoples only lasted them a month.

Just be aware that most cheap Chinese bike stuff is cheap for a reason, if you keep an eye out then you can avoid any big problems.