Light Grind Or Medium Grind

Possibly slightly stray, however: which provides better braking performance - the light grind with a softer pad or a medium grind with a slightly harder pad? (im assuming thats how it works, i cant get mine to bite properly though they arent even ground yet) Thanks

Light grinds are very under rated! I used to grind very harsh and my brake would be good, but for the past year ish i have only run light grinds and i have to say it is alot better! I am running coust pads on my koxx rim with a light grind and the brake is insane!

Koxx yellows are good pads, deffinatly a light grind for them though as they can wear fast on harsher ones.

Adam

I am running coust pads on my koxx rim with a light grind and the brake is insane!

isane really doesn't describe how good this brake is ,i rode bigmans steed on saturday and i nearly did a sex wee when i pulled the back brake for the first time :$

Edited by banbury trials

Ill be grinding my own rim, but i am just wondering what quantifies the depth of grind?

The roughness? deep being larger grooves? So the otherall feel will be very bumpy opposed to an almost flat grind, which would be a light grind?

Ill be grinding my own rim, but i am just wondering what quantifies the depth of grind?

The roughness? deep being larger grooves? So the otherall feel will be very bumpy opposed to an almost flat grind, which would be a light grind?

Pretty much. If you swing the grinder along in large sections (4-8 inches or so) at a time, while pressing firmly on the grinder with the disc at an angle of between 45 and 90 degrees to the rim, you'll get a harsh grind with deep, widely spaced grooves.

If you do smaller sections in each sweep (1-4 inches) while lightly skimming the grinder across the surface with the disc at an angle shallower than 45 degrees you'll get shallower grooves that are very close together.