I Hate Postman People

bradnutter

But has anybody got a new frame. I know that no buying and selling but im really desprite for a frame.

It's only your drop out and this happened to me i sent it off and "samdoman" on here received it snapped :( he got it fixed for a tenner or so which i paid for so (Y) maybe do it that way :D

It's only your drop out and this happened to me i sent it off and "samdoman" on here received it snapped :( he got it fixed for a tenner or so which i paid for so (Y) maybe do it that way :D

It aint the drop out, this part is conected to the frame it holds the wheel as well

You can claim up to £34 now for anything which isn't insured. To be fair, writing fragile on a parcel isn't going to stop me dropping it, it's just going to make me say "whoops". If it is valuable, better packaging is in order.

You can claim up to £34 now for anything which isn't insured. To be fair, writing fragile on a parcel isn't going to stop me dropping it, it's just going to make me say "whoops". If it is valuable, better packaging is in order.

Yh but mabye if had fragile on it they would be a little more carefull, but i dont know if it was damaged cos i just talked to the person who i brought it of and he said its the drop out when he knew that there wasnt a drop out on the bike then he quickly went offline , so maybe he ripped me of.

Edited by bradnutter

To be honest I'd never even consider putting 'fragile' on a bike frame in transit... because, well, they're not. That must've been cracked beforehand for it to snap while en route- no way an impact could've done that. Also, letters and stuff are sorted in big nasty machines but big packages like that will be carried around depot's and I expect won't go near any sorting machines.

Edit: any chance of a close up of the fracture surface? Should be able to tell if it's been cracked for a while.

To be honest I'd never even consider putting 'fragile' on a bike frame in transit... because, well, they're not. That must've been cracked beforehand for it to snap while en route- no way an impact could've done that. Also, letters and stuff are sorted in big nasty machines but big packages like that will be carried around depot's and I expect won't go near any sorting machines.

Edit: any chance of a close up of the fracture surface? Should be able to tell if it's been cracked for a while.

Mabye but i think was the person who sold me the bike who snaped it

But has anybody got a new frame. I know that no buying and selling but im really desprite for a frame please i would offer up to 60 pounds cheers

? anybody

I'm pretty sure that a frame couldn't snap in a box, the guy must have sold you a dodgy frame. Do you know the guy and or where he lives. If you do, go and try to get the money back.

Edited by mcinnes

I'm pretty sure that a frame couldn't snap in a box, the guy must have sold you a dodgy frame. Do you know the guy and or where he lives. If you do, go and try to get the money back.

Yh i do know him but everytime u go to talk to him on msn he goes straight offline

Have another look... the dropout of the frame itself is quite clearly broken which can't be replaced.

Yep u cant really get it replaced cos if i do it would last about a week if welded

It's possible that it was cracked before he sent it

Then it got dropped and snapped off in the post!

Who sent it?

And who did they send it with?

some person called jason histon

Edited by bradnutter

Yep u cant really get it replaced cos if i do it would last about a week if welded

Maybe a bit longer, but it'd be kinda hard to do, and would die pretty quickly.

Anyone know the seller? Goes by the name of "Jacecottrials" or something like that.

this frame was in full working order when i sent it last saturday, the box i used was the same box which i recieved my latest frame in and my frame didnt have a scuff on it.

i got the standard £9 something delivery charge.

to me it looks like the its the mech hanger that has snapped.

jace

this frame was in full working order when i sent it last saturday, the box i used was the same box which i recieved my latest frame in and my frame didnt have a scuff on it.

i got the standard £9 something delivery charge.

to me it looks like the its the mech hanger that has snapped.

jace

It's clearly not the mech hanger, it's the frame, as has already been covered in this topic.