Helmets...

Peperami

Right, time to pick a new helmet. Have narrowed it down to either a giro xen/ e2, fox flux or a peepot.

Unfortunately i have a large head, so half the helmets look daft in large, like a spaceship has landed or summat...

What would you pick?

Right, time to pick a new helmet. Have narrowed it down to either a giro xen/ e2, fox flux or a peepot.

Unfortunately i have a large head, so half the helmets look daft in large, like a spaceship has landed or summat...

What would you pick?

i have a large helmet to :Plol (its a peepot) and it looks daft.

i would say a fox flux looks very tidy. i think that is my next buy.

the xen is also very nice but i like how the fox flux looks

I'd go for a xen, i have a pretty meaty head too and it doesn't look bad at all!

Fits around my noggin very nicely!

The good thing with them is that they dont stick up a mile like others and are majorly comfy too (Y)

Hmm, i bought a xen in medium and found it way uncomfy... as soon as my head got hot felt crushed in. Am sending it back in a bit, have tried a large xen on and it fit ok, but looked huge on my head :( spotted the flux though and thought that looked pretty neat, liking the extra protection at the rear

i was thinking of the Try-All lid too, its cheap and looks good, although Tartybikes have a much better selection than trialsman. Both colours and both designs in all sizes. I've got a meathead and i'm worried a pisspot might look a bit weird....

My mum has actually got the Fox helmet and she is on her fourth one as it keeps breaking. They look great but have some big flaws with the clips that fox need to address. Good helmet but you might be sending it back a bit!!!

Well i ordered the Try-all earlier today so when it arrives i'll let you know how it works and looks on a meat head. I looked at the fox again and although some of the graphics are cool it is a bit weird and like ive said they go wrong a lot and theres a £40 differance. Atleast you can re-use the try-all if you hit hard a couple of times.

my try-all lid arrived today!!!! It is already boxed and wrapped ready for return. The fit really is horrible. My head is half an inch smaller than the maximum diameter of the helmet and it wobbles like crazy. Bare in mind that the helmet is meant to cater to head sizes much smaller than mine, i just don't see how. it looked good and felt comfy enough, but the pads are poor and for me the fit was just terrible. It would defently not stay on in a crash and although i prefer the look of the try-all over my current helmet - this is one area i will not choose form over function.

I tried some really thick pads from my Semi-mx helmet (which are new) in it to see if the extra thickness owuld make it more secure, but some how it was still just as wobbly. So its packaged now ready to be returned. I might try the Giro Flak but i imagine it will be the same problem.

Putting my semi-mx helmet back on its felt soo good, just comfy and right and was only £10 more - shame they dont make it anymore.

Today has taught me, that for my head i will stick to Giro as they never fail!

Protec Bucky Lasek (Spelling?) is the best fitting helmet ever:)

Truth! Good luck finding one though, stupid legislation change means that they're illegal to sell in this country now, so it's either eBay, or do what I did and get given one by a shop, and "Donate" the RRP to the shop ;) Well worth it though, best fitting helmet I've ever had, and they sit nice and low so even in L/XL they don't look massive on you.

When I rode trials I used to ride a Xen, and they were really good. Didn't have a problem with mine at all, and it felt pretty good. Reasonably well ventilated, and super easy to adjust, so yeah, I'd recommend them.