Tyres... (american Spells: "tires")

Ubuntu_user

In my experience folding (kevlar) bead is lighter but the tyre will be more prone to peel off the rim at low pressures. Folding bead tyres are usually much easier to put on than steel bead :)

Dual ply sidewalls are stiffer and allow lower pressures with better pinch puncture resistance, heavier though. Personally Ive never had a pinch puncture with my single ply 2.35 high roller but Im only 11 stone and 5'8".

Kevlar bead tyres (The folding ones) are lighter but more expensive. Makes no difference to the performance of the tyre. The weight saving is nice though. You'll appreciate slow rezay and dual ply casing more (These features are possible with either bead type) thanks to the increased grip and puncture resistance...

In my experience folding (kevlar) bead is lighter but the tyre will be more prone to peel off the rim at low pressures. Folding bead tyres are usually much easier to put on than steel bead :)

Dual ply sidewalls are stiffer and allow lower pressures with better pinch puncture resistance, heavier though. Personally Ive never had a pinch puncture with my single ply 2.35 high roller but Im only 11 stone and 5'8".

Yep! I'm just half inch taller than you:P How about if I would run single ply in front and steel in back?

well i ride both too, but mainly street, and couldnt be asked to buy the expensive and slow rolling tires that are so popular on trials bikes, so i just use the Maxxis Holly Rollers. They are way cheap, and have good grip on pavement and concrete. i also like that they roll fast. good for all around riding. on my other bike i have the Kenda Tomac Small Block 8's which are nice as well for both