Hook Woods Weekend.

BikeTrial Federation

Those lucky enough to be on the mailing list should already have their entry forms for our two day event at Hook Woods, without doubt one of the U.K.’s top venues it needs no introduction.

For the first time competitors can enjoy a full weekend combining both UCI and BIU rules competitions.

Saturday.

The UCI event will run from 11.00 on Saturday. Sections will be set for all ages and abilities. If you want to sample a UCI comp, possibly for the first time, you may ride out of class. Competitors will tackle a course comprising of three laps of six sections, set on the choicest rocks available

Importantly, this event will act a qualification event for those that want to contest the UCI World Championships in Italy later this year, the competition has been sanctioned by British Cycling, and they will use the results to allocate team places.

Details of the selection process can be found here;

British Cycling selection.

Camping, (for a small fee), is available on site ready for…………………

Sunday.

Sunday will see the first round of our popular BIU rules Championship. As usual this will be run over the normal two lap ten section format.

Yellow route riders please note, our organization continues to recognize 20” and 26” classes, and both wheel sizes will receive awards and championship points.

Breakfast will be available on both days from our on site caterers.

Please note;

Those competing on both days enjoy a discount.

UCI comp entry form.

Click for UCI entry

BIU comp entry form.

Click for BIU entry

if for unforseen reasons a rider cant make it to the UCI qualifyer, will this end the chances of being chosen for the team? Would current world rankings be taken into concideration?

I am wanting to enter the comp, it should be fun but if I am sick or my car breaks down or whatever, it would be annoying to then have no chance of being on the UK team.

see you there

I think you have to be seeded to ride Elite.

Not in UCI Sam, its an age thing, in BIU you have to be seeded. In UCI You will be a junior for some time yet.

if for unforseen reasons a rider cant make it to the UCI qualifyer, will this end the chances of being chosen for the team? Would current world rankings be taken into concideration?

I am wanting to enter the comp, it should be fun but if I am sick or my car breaks down or whatever, it would be annoying to then have no chance of being on the UK team.

see you there

Ali, have you read BC’s qualification criteria? It is entirely up to them. As far as ill health and car failure is concerned that can happen at any time – if you qualify your car could break down on the way to Italy………. No one can build in conditions to cover that! Hope to see there.

what?!?! if ur older u HAVE to enter elite?!?! is that how it is now?

is that actually fair for people who started trials later?

Chai, you can ride out of class at our events, but as an adult winning a junior category would not get you to the Worlds. Any rider can come and have an enjoyable day out at our comps, (riding a route that he or she is comfortable with), those that wish to qualify for International events or contest National categories have to ride in their correct age related class.

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

For me it’s a challenge I’m looking forward to. I’ve set out UCI and BIU World rounds along with countless nationals, but never on the same weekend.

Apparently new “obstacles” have been shipped into Hook Woods; it continues to get better and better. Those entering can count on me to provide a good weekends riding.

Fred.

Will the uci comp have a semi final and a final?

We won't have a semi + a final. Riders, unless they want to sample UCI and ride out of class, will ride in UCI categories. The comp will have 18 sections in total.

For the fist time the U.K. will have UCI champions and a clear selection process for a U.K. team, its a beginning, this is the fist UCI series that B.C. have officially recognised, in the past we have run individual events, ( in Fort William for example ), but, the results have not been utilised.

For us its start towards having what other nations have - it came about after members of our team ran an extremely successful World championship in 07.

There is a lot of talk about who prefers what discipline, ( UCI - BIU ), but without many opportunities to ride both - get your entries in for Saturday and give it a try.

For those of you who remember where you were when Elvis died and used to listen to Steve Wright on Radio 1 not Radio 2 there is a class for you this weekend. There is actually an over 30's class with medals and everything! :lol: Show these young whipper snappers that agility strength and 'no fear' is no match for wisdom, stealth and dodgy balance!

There should be at least two of us competing so make the numbers up and have a superb day, you know it makes sense and will most probably hurt in the morning but just think of how impressed your work mates will be when you show them your medal! :D