Best Brake ?

0zzy

im after the best pad + grind combo it can go from smooth right up to harsh if it will work amazingly. i am cureently running neco reds on a smooth rim, with no booster on my t-pro frame its pretty darn good,

but after seeing dave kerrs brake not slip at all on saturday and mine slip like 3-4 times just pedal kicking along not even doing anything has wanted me to change,

i will be putting the necos on the front most likely and running a new set up on the back, so tell me your best combos, i was thinking of koxx brownss with a medium grind but i mite be persuaded over wise by peoples opions on that.

thanks in advance ozzy.

Your 'Neco's don't sound darn good at all if they slip on a flat surface under not much pressure.

Coust pads in Heatsink CNC backings with a sharp grind can never be knocked off pole position for brake performance (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE (joe b @ Apr 17 2008, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your 'Neco's don't sound darn good at all if they slip on a flat surface under not much pressure.

Coust pads in Heatsink CNC backings with a sharp grind can never be knocked off pole position for brake performance (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

they were untill i got them wet, now everytime i got them wet i have to sand them down. then they go mint untill the next time it rains.

• 1 month later...

CNC Phat pads, Medium grind (I don't need harsh), 2-bolt booster running the spacers on top [try it, you'll see the light]

Never tried phat pads on a harsh grind, would be INSANE with my setup... Hmmmm...

Edit: Riding today on my seriously dull grind, my brake was seriously good.

Edited by Quackers!!

ha ha ozzy my brake was shit, it didnt slip cus i landed on top of every thing, to be honest i dunno whats the best brake out there is... but iv had a play on joe b's machine and his rear brake was really good.

at the mo im runnin one plaz and one koxx red on deadish grind and its good enough fro me, but im ussed to shit brakes to be honest