Pedal Up

neomember

I was watching that Ryan Leech DVD... it looks like he's using both feet pushing on the pedals to get his impulsion. Like in a bunnyhop.

I've tried it and it didn't go too well for me. It kind of breaks my motion. So i'm in doubt.

Do i use both feet or one foot just like a "standard" pedalkick??

Thanks!!

Edited by neomember

Don't think i completely understand what you mean,

Do you mean do you use more than one pedal stroke/crank rotation?

He does that full crank rotation but he seems to level the crankset and extends with both legs. I was wondering if he was using equal force on both pedals... where i think i'm only using my choco foot to accelerate and extend upward.

My pedal ups are going nowhere so i was wondering if it was because of that (improper technique).

Thanks again!

Edited by neomember

there are two techniques i know of,there is a pedal kick technique wich isnt to di-simuluar (sp) to a pedal hoping and there the bunnyhop technique wich is what i think you are trying to learn.have a look on a website called trashzen and read the tutorials on there (Y)

if you are right foot forward you need to use your left leg to lift the bike, as this happens, your left leg should drop and your right (power) leg will come round, then you push down hard with your right leg, whilst bending your knees and pulling the bike upwards, this gives you height. ive always called it a wheelie hop, because it basically is.

I became crazy and made myself little GIFs "a la trashzen" from the video, a long time ago. Actually made only two of them. One of them is the pedal up i was referring to. I don't know if i'm allowed to post it here due to copyright content. I don't know much about it.

I'll stick with my current technique for now. There's still a lot of things i can to do to improve it. I need to get my shoulders over the bar. But it's kind of scary doing it on my bike.

I think i have to slam these handlebar with my thighs... is that right???

I should get a new stem(100mm) anytime soon. I should be better than the 40mm one i have right now. Especially that i possibly have one of the shortest street/DJ frame ever made. It's basically a kid bike... looks like a toy.

This will also save my knees.

Although i'll stick with what i'm doing right now, i'm just curious to know if this technique is possible. Pushing on both pedals like in a two wheel hop. It should give an extra boost. Should get you higher. I might be interested trying learning it(someday).

Thanks for the advices... especially Benjaminge.