Riding Style

I am just wondering if the direction of your feet on the pedals make any difference to your performance when doing trials, e.g. feet pointing inwards/outwards on the pedals, or even if your feet are far back/forward on the pedals, im am discussing this as i found out the other day if i had my feet pointing inwards i could sidehop higher and have more control on the bike. Also my feet didn't slip off the pedals as easy it made me feel that i had control of my bike.

Does this make any difference to any of you other trials riders? opinions please.

Luke x

Not too light, but cheap and last a long long time - at £15 a pop, mine have all lasted for years on my own bikes, and continued onto other bikes I've sold

If you don't have the budget for something else, or don't care about the slight weight penalty (at around 220g or so they're not exactly adding tonnes to your bike anyway) then it'll do you fine ;)

There's a sticky thread for 'Random Small Questions' by the way, up at the top of the NMC page - ideal for queries like this :)

hmm i never really position my feet.. but having the front half of my feet on the pedals helps more for hopping and such.

as you can bend the rest of your foot around the pedal, for more grip and control

Dan.

Not too light, but cheap and last a long long time - at £15 a pop, mine have all lasted for years on my own bikes, and continued onto other bikes I've sold

If you don't have the budget for something else, or don't care about the slight weight penalty (at around 220g or so they're not exactly adding tonnes to your bike anyway) then it'll do you fine ;)

There's a sticky thread for 'Random Small Questions' by the way, up at the top of the NMC page - ideal for queries like this :)

ok thankyou.

mmm good question

i often take a look at my feet position before going for a delicate move, because with my shoes sticking on the pins it s hard to feel if the angle is good. but i always put them straight. i wonder how you can ride with your feet pointing inwards though :| must be uncomfortable...

if my feet are not well placed i easily lose my balance on the rear wheel ... practice practice