List Your Bike Queris Here, Be It Big Or Small!

Dan x)

i myself am in need of some advice,

but about grips, i ws riding before on V!Z grips, the same as the Try-all and echo ones, and i now have terrible blisters i can barely bend my hand lol,

i'm thinking of investing into some try-all foam grips? or are ODI lock-ons better?

Dan, =]

Hi i used to get this problem alot but i think it depends on the person

As my mates never get blisters =[ =[ =[

At first I thought it was because i didnt hve gloves so I spent alot of

money on a pair of gloves and after a days riding I couldnt even move my hand.

I then invested in some try-all foam grips without gloves and they are perfect.

There is only one problem with them and thats that they wear pretty quickly although

having said that I have had mine for a while. =]

let me know if you get some foams and let me know how you get on with them =](Y)

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

When you look at my question, bear in mind I'm not even a noob yet, I'm a noobs dad with a bike to build. I'm used to the motorised versions and this stuff is all new to me.

Any tips on cutting the steerer tube to size?

And how do you make sure the headset is pulled in to the frame tight. Is it enough to use the headset cap to pull it in, or do I need to get it done properly?

Cheers.

Hi All,

When you look at my question, bear in mind I'm not even a noob yet, I'm a noobs dad with a bike to build. I'm used to the motorised versions and this stuff is all new to me.

Any tips on cutting the steerer tube to size?

And how do you make sure the headset is pulled in to the frame tight. Is it enough to use the headset cap to pull it in, or do I need to get it done properly?

Cheers.

To cut the steerer tube just use a hacksaw and cut it about and 1.5cm under the top of the stem.

As for the headset just use a mallet to tap it in, then tightening the top cap bolt will do the rest of the job.

To cut the steerer tube just use a hacksaw and cut it about and 1.5cm under the top of the stem.

As for the headset just use a mallet to tap it in, then tightening the top cap bolt will do the rest of the job.

That'll do for me - I was trying to avoid the bull in a china shop "I can do that" attitude - just needed the confidence to start chopping :)

Thanks!

Edited by bikespace

headset on, forks on, stem on, bars on = coming along nicely. Cheers for advice.

Was a bit awkward because the ZHI stem had a sloped top, so I opted to cut the steerer tube at an angle too. Seems to have gone OK though. The young chap will be pleasantly surprised in the morning. Need to build a back wheel now - Doh! :o

Edited by bikespace

headset on, forks on, stem on, bars on = coming along nicely. Cheers for advice.

Was a bit awkward because the ZHI stem had a sloped top, so I opted to cut the steerer tube at an angle too. Seems to have gone OK though. The young chap will be pleasantly surprised in the morning. Need to build a back wheel now - Doh! :o

if you need a hand with the wheel building; drop me a pm i should be able to help if you've got any problems