List Your Bike Queris Here, Be It Big Or Small!

Dan x)

This is My idea, for all new members who need help with there bikes.

As i have asked a fair few questions and recieved, answers, and i have helped other people, i thought maybe start a topic about it so here goes;

If you have any problems with your bike.

If you have any questions about modification.

If your after advice on pads, breaks, setups etc.

post it here so that the forum doesnt get clogged up with everyones queries.

and someone on here will get back to you with helpful answer.

This is jsut my contribution to Trials Forum, i hope it helps.

Dan. =]

Edited by Dan x)

Ok heres one for you.

My cranks keep on coming wobly realy quick aswell as the crank bolts coming loose as well.

I have tried loc-tite on the crank bolt but that still comes loose in less than a day.

And the cranks arn't surpose to come losse so easily even with the crank bolts off.

Anyone help me?

Cranks are f**ked and you dont know how to use loctite :)

if your running square taper cranks could be that the hole in the crank is slightly rounded, if your not then i don't know. I have isis and have to tighten them up every few weeks.

My square taper cranks never need tightening, not once in 4 years :)

Im still reckoning on dead cranks, how tight do you call tight? When tightening my cranks using a long series 8mm allen key I reckon I put about 40-45kg into the allen key, that equates to about 60-70 Nm torque, not uber tight but it works.

If youre going to use loctite then make sure you have the right grade for the job, thoroughly degrease both threads with a proper degreaser (not something like muc-off, more like MEK or cellulose thinners) apply the loctite and torque it up, leave it to set and go ride. Loctite will never stop a crank from wobbling if the taper/splines are knackered though.

edit: reading that you have square taper, make sure that the taper isnt pulling too far through the cranks, its possible the taper was cut incorrectly.

Edited by forteh

maybe your crank bolts or threads are stripped/threaded?

looking at the other side of things... noone has mentioned your bb..

your bb could be rounded off aswell or instead..

investigate it..

if not take it a bike shop??

Dan. =]

i myself am in need of some advice,

but about grips, i ws riding before on V!Z grips, the same as the Try-all and echo ones, and i now have terrible blisters i can barely bend my hand lol,

i'm thinking of investing into some try-all foam grips? or are ODI lock-ons better?

Dan, =]

i myself am in need of some advice,

but about grips, i ws riding before on V!Z grips, the same as the Try-all and echo ones, and i now have terrible blisters i can barely bend my hand lol,

i'm thinking of investing into some try-all foam grips? or are ODI lock-ons better?

Dan, =]

In my experience you will get blisters on any grips, theres only 1 thing to do and thats grow some good old hardened callouses and look after them :)

Rubbing surgical spirit where blisters form hardens up the skin over time (makes you smell a bit funny though :D) or just riding with gloves on will do the same.

Once you have callouses formed just keep them smooth (I use a pumice stone to smooth mine if they start to crack).

If you smooth them too thin then you will get a blister forming underneath the callous which defeats the object, if you leave them too thick they will eventually tear off and be painfull; moisturising also helps. Ideally you need a flexible pad of tough/thick skin where it rubs :)

Personally I prefer ODI roughnecks as theyre thin, grippy and last forever, better with gloves though when new. If you prefer to ride without gloves then ODI longnecks are supremely comfortable. I tried foam grips and hated them, cut them off and threw them away lol, never seen the point in lock-on grips - just put rubber grips on with alittle petrol and they never move ;)

Edited by forteh

This is My idea, for all new members who need help with there bikes.

As i have asked a fair few questions and recieved, answers, and i have helped other people, i thought maybe start a topic about it so here goes;

If you have any problems with your bike.

If you have any questions about modification.

If your after advice on pads, breaks, setups etc.

post it here so that the forum doesnt get clogged up with everyones queries.

and someone on here will get back to you with helpful answer.

This is jsut my contribution to Trials Forum, i hope it helps.

Dan. =]

hello dan x im the lad who had some adamant white pads on a med/sharp grind.you were wanting to know how they performed so here is my results!!!!! they work bloody great but the biggest prob is the wear rate! don't know if this is normal but after 2 short sessions i would say i have used at least 2/3mm of pad this is gonna be a costly pad when they go back up to full price i need a harder resin pad any ideas???

do you have to run a medium/sharp grind?

if not plazmatic crm's with a light grind or smooth (Y)

Dan, =]

well im not sure the rim was ground for the standard pads to get more grip should i invest in another rim??

leave the new rim smooth?,what pads would be good in the meantime cause i just been out tonight and because i have a lazy arsed piston on my back brake i lost another good 2mm off the pad!!!at this rate i'm gonna have to replace worn pads by end off month is there any photos or vids on how to set up rear brake properly??? cheers dan :lol: