List Your Bike Queris Here, Be It Big Or Small!

Dan x)

ok.... i have an onza t-bird 2008. i no there are better bikes but i have only just started out a couple of weeks ago so it it gr8 for me anyways.....

the front wheel is held on with a allen key screw instead of a traditional bolt. i have managed to round of the allen key thing lol...

where can i get a new one???? and how do i no that it fits???

thanks for any help!!!

ok.... i have an onza t-bird 2008. i no there are better bikes but i have only just started out a couple of weeks ago so it it gr8 for me anyways.....

the front wheel is held on with a allen key screw instead of a traditional bolt. i have managed to round of the allen key thing lol...

where can i get a new one???? and how do i no that it fits???

thanks for any help!!!

You can use Top-cap bolts instead of your rounded off funbolt.

If you go into your local bike shop they will have loads of them.

This is a hope hose? There are no olives, its a proper hydraulic connection, if youve split the hose then you need to get the end refitted. If your lbs hasnt repaired the hose then your local hope dealer should be able to do it or talk nicely to hope and they should do it it for you; give them a ring and check its possible to refit the ends (pretty sure it is).

Have you tried repeatedly pumping the lever? If the pads arent moving then the bleed is still f**ked and the hose could well be leaking air into the system. If the pads are hitting the disk but its not working then your pads are likely contaminated with oil, when the hose split the oil more than likely tracked down it and ran straight into the pads - throughly degrease the disk and you will probably need new pads aswell if theyve been badly contaminated. Try burning the pads off over a gas ring and see if that helps, I would guess you need new pads though.

OK, the back brake is sorted now, just my front disc that needs fixing.

I'm not sure whether its a hope house but it probably isn't as i had an olive before and now. My lbs re-cutted the hose and fitted it with a new olive. The brake works well, decent hold, but there is barely any bite, there was before. Whats the easiest way of de-contaminating my pads/disc, cheers

Hey All,

last night I managed to snap the Axle in my bottom bracket <_< looks funny with both pedals hanging down. (I will post a pic later on bicyclegod)

Un-impressed to have to leave the park on a nice sunny evening , as you can imagine. Anyway.

So, I now have a number of things I need to know and understand - to sort out - before I can get back on my bike.

The bike BTW is an Onza T-Raptor LE, It is doing a great job of allowing me get back into riding after a ten year abscence. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... ... ... ... ... .... .... ..... ..... ...... ...... ...........

Anyhow my questions is around bottom bracket sizing.

Can anyone tell me - if I can repalce the axle in the bottom bracket. And if so how do I discover what make, model and dimensions am I looking for.

Having been reading stuff all over including this Bottom Bracket thread. I am wondering now howdoes one choose between Splined, octa and square? According to the thread mentioned there seem to be a few heads out there that still prefer Square Taper!

I would welcome any thought on this crucial component replacment/upgrade.

Thanks

Mek

I got a question for you old guys!

In terms of both quality and weight... who has the strongest pieces and who makes the lightest pieces?

I mean companies in both of those questions. I've never built a trials bike before and I'd like to educate myself before spending some money

Hey All,

last night I managed to snap the Axle in my bottom bracket <_< looks funny with both pedals hanging down. (I will post a pic later on bicyclegod)

Un-impressed to have to leave the park on a nice sunny evening , as you can imagine. Anyway.

So, I now have a number of things I need to know and understand - to sort out - before I can get back on my bike.

The bike BTW is an Onza T-Raptor LE, It is doing a great job of allowing me get back into riding after a ten year abscence. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... ... ... ... ... .... .... ..... ..... ...... ...... ...........

Anyhow my questions is around bottom bracket sizing.

Can anyone tell me - if I can repalce the axle in the bottom bracket. And if so how do I discover what make, model and dimensions am I looking for.

Having been reading stuff all over including this Bottom Bracket thread. I am wondering now howdoes one choose between Splined, octa and square? According to the thread mentioned there seem to be a few heads out there that still prefer Square Taper!

I would welcome any thought on this crucial component replacment/upgrade.

Thanks

Mek

As far as I know ISIS is the best type for trials, but obviously if you're running square at the moment you'd need new cranks as well.

Best bet is to go into your local shop with the broken one and ask for the same size - don't get the cheapest one though or it'll just happen again :)

My TPA is always jamming im using the new style hs33.

any one have this prob to.

and can any one help

the new style tpa's are quite weak, as they're plastic....just take it apart, check if the thread has stripped....if it has get a metal tpa from tarty

n00b question obviously BUT i want to get new flat bars for my onza, its a mod and was just wondering if it matters about what FLAT bars i get. i mean... is there a difference between flat bars for 20" and 26" because i don't know.?

:unsure: :$

n00b question obviously BUT i want to get new flat bars for my onza, its a mod and was just wondering if it matters about what FLAT bars i get. i mean... is there a difference between flat bars for 20" and 26" because i don't know.?

:unsure: :$

Well flat bars are more or less the same, but 26" bars would be considerably wider, infact maybe too wide for mod use,

but you can get different sizing of bars, say,, if you have a normal onza stem, a set of bars like "GU" wouldnt fit as they have "- 31.8mm oversized clamp diameter for increased strength."

You would need a set of bars that have a lower clamp diameter... OR if you hve an oversized clamp allready then you can get pretty much any bar that states "oversized"

You might have some trouble finding a decent flat bar thats a standard clamp..

Hope i was of some help!

Dan, =]

Hope i was of some help!

Dan, =]

He means are they the same.

All bars are around the same width so you should be going around 29".

Also if you are getting new bars you will need a new stem aswell because the onza stem is only 28.4, And the most common sizes these days is 31.8.

You can get a diffrent size stem which is 25.4 but you can't fit many trials related bars into them.

You will be best off getting a oversized stem, ( 31.8) And some nice bars.

Dont worry about if there 20" or 26" because it does'nt matter when it comes to bars.

He means are they the same.

All bars are around the same width so you should be going around 29".

Also if you are getting new bars you will need a new stem aswell because the onza stem is only 28.4, And the most common sizes these days is 31.8.

You can get a diffrent size stem which is 25.4 but you can't fit many trials related bars into them.

You will be best off getting a oversized stem, ( 31.8) And some nice bars.

Dont worry about if there 20" or 26" because it does'nt matter when it comes to bars.

Think youll find that the onza bars are the standard 25.4mm (1") diameter, AFAIK its only pazzaz/brisa that uses 28.575 (1 1/8") bars. If your current bars are oversized 31.8 (1 1/4") then you will need some oversize flat bars.

I have some 'normal' sized 25.4mm onza flat bars that came from a T-rex spare, no selling or buying in NMC though :D

There not.

Because I brought try-all stem (25.4) and my onza bars would'nt fit because they were a lil' bit to big.

Did you even measure them?

Every single onza bar Ive ever seen has been either 1" or 1 1/4"; I could be wrong, but 1 1/8" is a very non-standard size for bicycle handlebars and to the best of my knowledge only pazzaz did them. 1 1/8" is the standard size for mx fatbars (the mx equivalent of oversized trials bars) but not bicycles.

You do realise that oversize bars are only 6.35mm bigger in diameter than 'normal' bars, to some people thats only a lil' bit :)

• 2 months later...

Hey all. I own a Onza T-Raptor and my bottom bracket is making a clicking noise every time i push the left ped down or put any pressure on it. it is a square taper bottom bracket and if anyown could help would be great.

Hey all. I own a Onza T-Raptor and my bottom bracket is making a clicking noise every time i push the left ped down or put any pressure on it. it is a square taper bottom bracket and if anyown could help would be great.

Probably a cracked ball in there, you should be able to feel a slight notch in the bearings when it goes click. If you can get the cranks off try turning the spindle by hand and it should be more apparant. Case of a new bottom bracket, get a shimano un53 strong, cheap and good bearings :)

If its not the bottom bracket then its possible that its a pedal bearing broken up.

I have manged to solve the problem, the crank arm was not perfectly square so it could move in only one direction so even when tight it could move when large pressure on it so i filed down the oposite sides until it could move evenly in all directions and put it back together and it seems to be working so far, this was all because the bolt on the BB was not tight and the alluminum was diformed. Thought id post this if anyone is havin the same problem.

hiya just wanted sum help with the 08 Gu st frame is it any good ? is it strong and how heavy ?

help appriciated thanks

Yeah its strong, and its heavy.

As for this topic... 'List your bike queris'? So basically take the idea for the whole of trials-forum and condense it into one topic? Its a good job most people have the sense to not use it, otherwise it would be hugely clogged with shit.

- Not a fan.