Echo Brake Bleed Bolt Rounded

SuperDeathMonkey

cheers for advice. i tried the screwdriver thing but it doesn't really work that well the screw just seems to be soft metal, any other ideas.

here is a thought, I'd use it as a last resort though.

When I have ripped off the barrel adjuster from a mech I've got it out by tapping in an alan key and using that to undo the remaining part of the adjuster. You could possibly to the same by drilling a hole into the grub screw then tapping in an alan key thats about the same size as the hole and use that to undo the grub nut. If you decide on this though, first find out whats exactly behind the grub screw so you know if its a definate bad idea. Secondly try drilling the hole in a bit of scrap metal and tapping the alan key into that just to be sure it can be done with your allan key/drill bit combination.

like I said though, last resort, and if it goes pete tong, then consider this a disclamer!

When I have ripped off the barrel adjuster from a mech I've got it out by tapping in an alan key and using that to undo the remaining part of the adjuster. You could possibly to the same by drilling a hole into the grub screw then tapping in an alan key thats about the same size as the hole and use that to undo the grub nut. If you decide on this though, first find out whats exactly behind the grub screw so you know if its a definate bad idea. Secondly try drilling the hole in a bit of scrap metal and tapping the alan key into that just to be sure it can be done with your allan key/drill bit combination.

cheers it may resort to that, ill start to compare sizes in scrap metal to make sure. see how it goes.

do a bath bleed but instead of taking the bleed bolts off take the cables off thumbsupanim.gif

I wanted to bleed with oil because apparantly echo brakes leak with a water bleed.

thanks for the help

Edited by coolest monkey around

I have the same problem with a rotar bolt. I had an idea the other day but it may not work with a bleed bolt.

Get a hack saw and cut along the top, then get a flat piece of metal, wedge it in and try and turn it.

Wouldnt work mate, the bolt is sunk below the metal so you would have to cut into the lever before you can get access to the bolt.

Wouldnt work mate, the bolt is sunk below the metal so you would have to cut into the lever before you can get access to the bolt.

Now there in lies the problem, he didn't say whether it was the lever bleed bolt, or the slave one...

It doesn't look like it needs a torx key. i thought it just needed a 3mm allen key.

Now there in lies the problem, he didn't say whether it was the lever bleed bolt, or the slave one...

Not obvious from that?

I'm not to sure what you can do, maybe find an imperial sized allen key thats just a bit bigger then tap that into the grub bolt and untwist it? You could possably drill it out with a 2mm drill bit and then use a small flat head to undo it.

Edited by Mr Fish