What Pedals Should I Get

it depends, do you like bmx style pedals or do you want something nice and grippy and "trialsy".

if you slip on a bmx type pedal the most you will do is graze your shin.. if you do happen to slip on a trials pedal, you most probably will cut your shin open and cause scarring from my experiences.

go for a trials type pedal with some 661 veggie shin wraps! (Y)

Hope i was of some help!

Dan, =]

it depends, do you like bmx style pedals or do you want something nice and grippy and "trialsy".

if you slip on a bmx type pedal the most you will do is graze your shin.. if you do happen to slip on a trials pedal, you most probably will cut your shin open and cause scarring from my experiences.

go for a trials type pedal with some 661 veggie shin wraps! (Y)

Hope i was of some help!

Dan, =]

sorry, being ignorant, whats the difference between a bmx and a trials type pedal? do you mean cage and platform pedals? if so ive got nice scars from both types, so what you're saying isnt strictly true. pedals are a very personal preferance. i tend to use, platform pedals with nice long pins. currently onza hognesium pedals, dmrs i find have too smaller pedal body. the gusset pedals are nice, but the pics are a bit too short for my liking. ride some of your mates bikes and get an idea from what they are using.

sorry, being ignorant, whats the difference between a bmx and a trials type pedal? do you mean cage and platform pedals? if so ive got nice scars from both types, so what you're saying isnt strictly true. pedals are a very personal preferance. i tend to use, platform pedals with nice long pins. currently onza hognesium pedals, dmrs i find have too smaller pedal body. the gusset pedals are nice, but the pics are a bit too short for my liking. ride some of your mates bikes and get an idea from what they are using.

yeah sorry i meant cage and platform, but you deffinatly get worse scars from cages! :)

Dan, =]

I use DMR V8s there not bad! and there cheap! or the Caged pedals are good aswell but i find the bolts always come out and the cage bends

but there cheap so you cant go wrong!

if you get any pedals there goin to rape your shins!

Edited by Karl Butcher

i wouls also recommend a set of DMR v8s. The grip is really good, and never had any problems. Also what ever pedals you get if for what ever reason your foot does slip its going to bloody hurt anyway, so do what i did and invest in some shin guards. hope this helps

I have tried quite a lot of pedals now and I still can't see what all of the fuss is about with DMR pedals. There are so many cheaper options that work just as well. I tried some welgo platforms with long pins that cost around £10 and they lasted me well, although nothing I have tired has come anywhere near the gusset prosecutors. Thy are platforms with thick, fixed pins and super grippy cages round the edge, Have not slipped once in about 4 months and they are only £13.99 from crc.

I have tried quite a lot of pedals now and I still can't see what all of the fuss is about with DMR pedals. There are so many cheaper options that work just as well. I tried some welgo platforms with long pins that cost around £10 and they lasted me well, although nothing I have tired has come anywhere near the gusset prosecutors. Thy are platforms with thick, fixed pins and super grippy cages round the edge, Have not slipped once in about 4 months and they are only £13.99 from crc.

I would also say DMR pedals , I think when people talk about DMR pedals they are describing the style.

I used them a long time on bmx before DMR existed and they were called DX style pedals i think.

My personal choice would be DMR v8 or V12 if you can afford them.

I have used them for bmx and downhill for years without problems.