Trialtech Bb Problem

gee

Just bought a trialtect bb however there is a problem,

Are the trialtech bb designed to work with front freewheel beacuse when you tighten the drive side crank it squashes the aluminium washers causing the freewheel to foul with the bb shell. Is there a way to stop this problem happening or is a just a bad design.

cheers

this may sound stupid but have you put the bb in right way around

You cant put in the wrong way because the threads are different on either side.

What freewheel Are you using? Eno-they're the thiockest so may foul the bb shell. Try taking the non drive spacer and putting it onto the drive side?

Yeah is an eno on echo cranks cnc. tried moving the washers but simply crushes, only weak aluminium.

Talk to dave like hes offered to and he'll sort things out for you. It could be your crank and freewheel combo but from the setup you said there shouldnt be. It may have been a design fault as they have just come out.

I doubt it will be a design fault, a 128mm bb is a 128mm bb. However, in my experience it's the cranks that dictate the clearance in most cases. I have TI cranks on a 124mm bb, and the clearance is about 6-9mm. My brothers bike has a Truvativ 128mm bb, and Echo Forged cranks, and the clearance is really tight. Both on Tensile freewheels, so the cranks must be making a bigger impact.