Spreading The Word

bikeperson45

Not riding it to school, I'll be mocked for the rest of my time at school.

You feel that there's not enough riders in your area,

And when someone gives you a good idea that's helped him in the past,

You dismiss it because people may laugh. But on the other hand people may actually take an interest and your problem's solved.

Just do it.

Edited by Benjaminge

was the same near us, but me and my mate rode our bikes to school one day and then a few weeks later about 5 more people had a trials bike and now it is growing naturally lol

Thats a really good one. Lots of my friends ride but not many ride trials. 2 of the are geting trials bikes but one of the has stoped. It's all since i've been riding with them at frist they all took the piss but they are all coming round just DO IT

Bruce

Edited by 15 years later

Ok, I'll try and ride it to school. Do you think your allowed to ride in schools on weekends by the way?

Thanks for advice

Yer we always ride at school the police came the other week but they let us stay cos we weren’t out on the streets smashing stuff up. Just so long we picked up all the rubbish we dropped. It will be fine the worst that will happen is you will get told to leave

Bruce

Not riding it to school, I'll be mocked for the rest of my time at school.

The exact reason i ride trials to this day. Is because a lad i'd never even spoke to come in on this funny looking bike, i said whats that etc, he explained, i had a little ride, liked it, went round his house, went on onza.com, couldn't afford new so got a t-bired for £100 and it went from there, to be honest, thats pritty much how EVERYONE started round here.

I've always wanted to do it, so many drops, stairs, walls.

Do it our head teacher found us up there just as one of my friends was throwing a yoghurt at the wall and we just ran off and then is a lesson he just basically said boys will be boys and got us to write about it. He is the best teacher ever.

Edited by 15 years later

i would never bring my bike to school, it would prob get nicked or get the tyres let down or somethink like that (not saying i got to a pikey school or anythink) its just some people think its funny to do that sort of stuff cos they dont see the point of trials

i would never bring my bike to school, it would prob get nicked or get the tyres let down or somethink like that (not saying i got to a pikey school or anythink) its just some people think its funny to do that sort of stuff cos they dont see the point of trials

cctv ? = Kick there teeth in if they do so :)

Just go out and ride your bike - do you really need a support group? I had a fantastic day riding trials around Limerick with two of the other riders I know (Possibly 30% of Ireland's trials riders there :) ). One drove from Dublin (120+ miles) and one from Cork (60+ miles)... If I needed to put a group together before I could go and ride my bike I'd never get anything done... If they hadn't been up, I'd probably have done more or less the same thing anyway...

One of the big advantages of trials riding is that it's weird enough that people that see you generally don't harass you or if they do they're genuinely curious rather than out to cause trouble. Given that in Limerick city (Also known as stab city, and declared the murder capital of Europe this year apparently) I've never had any trouble in over a decade of cycling there, mostly solo, you probably have very little to worry about...