British Championship Round Two

kelly farm trials

2nd ROUND BIU BRITISH BIKETRIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2008

Due to unforeseen circumstances an alternative venue 2nd Round originally planned for Portland in Dorset had to be found.

The good news is that we have managed to find an exciting new venue in the North near Morecambe, at Half Moon Bay, Heysham.

Entry forms are on their way to all riders who rode in the last round or who have held BIU licences.

Entry Forms can also be downloaded from the official BIU website www.ukbiketrial.co.uk.

The third round of the BIU British Championships will be at Lee Quarry, Bacup on 13 July with the 4th and final round at Hook Woods, Surrey on 21st September (incorporating the final round of the European Cup).

Riders who hold a current BIU licence will qualify for championship points in both the British and European Competition, however riders without a BIU licence are only eligible for British Championship points.

Non UK riders will not qualify for Championship points in the British Championships.

All four rounds of the British Championships are to count.

That is a major disappointment. I dont think I could travel all the way up that North... ;)

I heard that in the metting, it was Andreai Burton that said to put Portland down on the sheet, even though there was no permission given....I may be wrong.

Nathan

hi

can you explain how i would score points in both , in a british championship round im seeded to elite yellow and in a european im eligable to ride senior witch is red route , how does that work, and is there two lots of entry money or one as normal.

james s.

The website says the Portland round was on 28th June... and 29th June... I am assuming 28th is a typo as the 29th is Sunday? Is the Heysham round on the same date?

Tried to download an entry form (http://www.ukbiketrial.co.uk/docs/Entry_Form_Round_2_Heysham_2008.doc) but no luck...

Did you go into downloads - just tried it - no problem.

Dave

I kinda wanted to go to that Portland place just because it looks so good, but Heysham is amazing, and closer :rolleyes:

Should be a good trial, everyone should get to it.

Portland will be good , and is on the agenda for next year if we go back to five rounds , ( or six judging from the interest) , it seemed fairer to have a better coverage of the country and lancashire are really keen to help with this event , it seemed to good an opportunity to miss when we are building for the future,

Yes the event is on the 29th

best wishes anthony

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be going up on this Saturday for the trial on Sunday 29 June to observe - it looks like another fine day (if the forecast can be trusted!!) This is a new venue for the BIU British BikeTrial Championship and will be hosted by the Lancaster City Council at Half Moon Bay, Heysham. Some of Britains best riders will be competing in this the second round of the British Championships held for the first time in the North West.

The event has been publicised in the local paper and on the Bay radio - it is expected there will be many spectators to be hopefully introduced to our sport and be amazed by the some of the best riders in the country. They will be competing for a podium place on a mixture of natural and man made sections -sounds interesting

As this event changed location a bit late in the day due to unforeseen circumstances, it would be nice to see a few local faces in the comp - entry forms can be downloaded from the official biketrial website www.ukbiketrial.co.uk (download section) but please give the trial secretary Carol Slinger a call on 01524 811027 to secure a ride. A current ACU licence is all that is required to ride which can be arranged on the day.

Just booked myself a room in Morecambe with no problem so there still reasonable accom available.

Hope to see familiar and new faces

Dave

i didntsee you up there adam? did you make it and i missed you?

anyone know what happened to stan shaw? he was suposed to come butno show and nobody knows why, very strange

can i just be the first to say thanks to the organisers and observers today, thanks to the obsevers for braving the wind, and the showers all day, thaks to the organisers, and mostly thanks to dave, allan, nick and the lads who built the sections,

i crashed on my ass all day, they were really hard but i really enjoyed them, its about time the uk saw some world level sections,

and congratulations to all the lads that could actually ride them well!

im off to sleep untill teusday lol

rob

what a day!!

Last time I ever get stuck with the number 13 as my rider number!!

Started off soo well, did 4 sections with two dabs dropped (one dab because I had to ride the section with my chain off!). I was unlucky and had bike troubles which stopped my ride. I did manage to steal nick goddards bike to ride the skip section (cleaned it, in the rain YAY)

I am REALLY annoyed, the sections were brill and I was riding great, I recken I could have been on the podium.

To top it off, I couldnt start my van after the trial, after a load of faffing (cheers the oakleys and slingers!!) it got going, only to flunk out on the motorway. The RAC guy found I had a snapped alternator belt, after more faffing I managed to finally get going again.

Actually, to top that off some more, the road near my house was closed so I had to do a 10 mile detour! AAARRRGGGHHH

Cheers for everyones hard graft to get the comp together, it was great!