Bleeding Maguras (water), Bb7

Reinis.

I searched, but didn't find anything about bleeding maguras with water. Do I need some preperations, before I do that (changing some parts or something)? And more...in one topic I saw a question about bleeding maguras with diesel :D And one user wrote something like ''your mother wouldn't be happy, if you she finds your bath filled with diesel''. So I thought, that maybe it is the way to bleed maguras without any specific tools. So, can I bleed my maguras with water, not having any special gear?

And the other question - what do you think of buying the 08 avid bb7's? I've heard that they aren't very good. I don't want any hidraulic brake, so maybe you can suggest something if the bb7's aren't a good deal?

Right.

Magura bleeding in a bath/sink.

*Fill the b/s with water

*Undo the TPA all the way

*Take the bolt out of the lever and out of the cylinder

*Submerge the whole brake

*Cover one hole with your finger and pull the lever until you see no air coming ouver the other hole

*After that, cover the other hole and pump the lever 'til you see no air coming out the other hole

*Keep repeating the last 2 steps until NO air is coming out of either hole.

*Put both bolts back in underwater so no air gets in

Bob's your uncle, you have an amazing bleed!

:)

Not sure about the bb7, although the older ones were amazing!

Ben

Edited by BenJohn-Hynes

or undo the bleed bolt on the slaves, dunk that under water keep pressing your lever in and out while the tpa is right out when theres no bubbles put the bolt back in and theres another amazing bleed, did it to mine last nite :)

I have a hs33 with a steel braided hose....wouldnt a water bleed rust and corode the components and my hose?

I have a hs33 with a steel braided hose....wouldnt a water bleed rust and corode the components and my hose?

Nope. Mine is done with it, front and back.

To answer your quesion of how to bleed with out any equipment, Undo the TPA all the way and Just submerge the whole brake under water, Bath/ Or a very big bucket, Then take the two bleed botls from the lever and fom the slave piston.

If you have a spare cross over , It would be easy to screw that into the slave piston, And only have the lever submerged and then just suck all the water through,Then put your finger over the lever bleed hole, After you have your finger over the lever hole put the hole brake back under the water, Take your finger of the hole and put all the bolts in. Presto!

If you havent got a old cross-over then just stick your head in the bath and suck it through yourself, Do up the bolts and then "You have a winner".

Hope this helps