Crackling In Headset

Reinis.

Hey,

I've been having a strange sound coming from headset or that area. I think that the headset is making that sound, but I don't know really. It happens when I turn my bars left, but I can't describe the sound :( It's not like there would be sand in my headset or something. I have a ZOO! headset.

If its a creaking noise then its worth taking it apart and getting some copperslip underneath the bearing races (expecially if theyre split races that support the sealed bearing), also in the compression wedge collar at the top. Dont put copperslip in the bearings though, that will f**k em up :D

Also a little copperslip on the bolts stem bolts will help.

Most of the time creaking is just metal moving against metal, check for cracks though as they can also creak.

If its a creaking noise then its worth taking it apart and getting some copperslip underneath the bearing races (expecially if theyre split races that support the sealed bearing), also in the compression wedge collar at the top. Dont put copperslip in the bearings though, that will f**k em up

Also a little copperslip on the bolts stem bolts will help.

Most of the time creaking is just metal moving against metal, check for cracks though as they can also creak.

+1

Also your bearings could be F*cked, whip 'em out and take a look at them, its probably just needing some grease!