The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

Just bought a disco for 800 quid off ebay, quite annoyed. All doors didn't lock, which i managed to sort out. 2 punctured tyres. Driver seat frame and rear passenger behind driver seat frame, f*cked, (now also sorted). And the most odd thing of all, when you turn the key to kill the engine, it stays running. BUT! the only way to kill the engine is to push the gear stick to the left, (not into gear, just from center to left.) Now I'm not too clever with a disco but I hear they have an adjustable gearbox, could it be anything to do with that? OH! and going from 2nd to 3rd the gearbox decides to not let that happen and pushes back into 1st, (adjustment on gearbox i hope).

Pics will be up later.

post-24587-1264865255_thumb.jpg

Edited by l33th3tr33

talking about pff-rpaders, I simply can not miss out theese bad guys: Trophy Trucks

Letting alone the fact they are actually RWD, they are pretty badass 700HP+ trucks.

100484_A_camburg_10.jpg

3camburg.jpg

img_home_tt_1.jpg

0606or_12_z%202006_score_baja_1000_kickoff%20lucas_oil_trophy_truck.jpg

Letting alone the fact they are actually RWD, they are pretty badass 700HP+ trucks.

Edited by Dan S

Anyone want a full 3500 V8 conversion for a series? Su carbs, reputed good runner just needs toying with as i couldn't get a spark, but then i only spent 5 minutes fiddling with it :P

All there except radiator, all conversion plates and what not - £250

Anyone want a full 3500 V8 conversion for a series? Su carbs, reputed good runner just needs toying with as i couldn't get a spark, but then i only spent 5 minutes fiddling with it :P

All there except radiator, all conversion plates and what not - £250

I do and i also know someone else who will..

I don't have the money but he may, will get back to you.

Pretty much bolt in, fiddle with, run?

Damn straight!

Conversion alone is worth £250 on the 'bay, engine's a freebie basically haha! But yeah, it's reputed to be a good runner, i just can't get a spark (then again, i haven't actually tired that hard to...) - turns over on the starter fine so should be good for something - only problem would be getting it to you, although i may be able to sort a relay if you can't get down here.

Edited by Skoze

Damn straight!

Conversion alone is worth £250 on the 'bay, engine's a freebie basically haha! But yeah, it's reputed to be a good runner, i just can't get a spark (then again, i haven't actually tired that hard to...) - turns over on the starter fine so should be good for something - only problem would be getting it to you, although i may be able to sort a relay if you can't get down here.

Said friend has 3 landies of varying shapes and sizes he wont mind.

Although he said for now he hasn't got the space, he's doing a V8 conversion and doesn't yet have an engine, but he wants to get the previous stuff gone first.

He says he may come down in his series 1, its very tall, very wide and stupendously torquey. He just wants to show off if he has it.

I will tell him the good news about it being bolt in and go. See what he says now.

Yeah - i can't promise anything! It's meant to be a good runner, but i've not run it, couldnt get it started. It's all there though, all the conversion plates and shit so even if it doesn't work out, there's £250 worth of conversion gear there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You payed £1800 for rust... I don't get it

That's cheap for what it is! It's not actually as bad as it looks, those two crosses are the only un-repairable bits, bulkhead's pretty f**ked but i've got a spare for it, got a new wiring loom, spare engine, all the right bits and pieces for it, canvas tilt etc all inside that £1800 - it's getting stripped down, the welding it needs doing done, re-painting underneath, gettng it ready for an mot and, well, an MoT - 6 weekends work max and it'll be worth about £4000 minimum - one identical to what this will be like went for £4500 on egay a month a go., so if i were to sell it i'll have probably doubled my money provided i dont go ape shit with my cash for what's left to do to it. Prices of them are going up fast too but i'm not planning on selling it ever anyway.

Worked hard for the money, wanted a landy, wanted a project - this is a savings account with wheels; i'm never gonna lose anything on it...