Magura 4-finger Hs33 Lever Blade

I was browsing on tarty bikes and noticed under brake lever blades that there was a Magura 4-Finger HS33 Lever Blade, first looks of this I thought this was the older model lever.

Have magura came to there sences and changed back to the old style shape of lever,or has this been around for a while now and made no significant difference?

Cheers,

Adam.

they do look fit. what i dont get is why magura still make plastic tpa's

They is a reason, what is the point of a TPA really? it isn't for help setting up brakes it is for when you are out on a ride and your pads are starting to wear and can easily be adjusted with any need of re-setting up your brake.

Tap’s do last along time if you use them properly so they is no point making them with metal ones included for cost reasons.

:)

Have magura came to there sences and changed back to the old style shape of lever,or has this been around for a while now and made no significant difference?

Sadly, no magura haven't gone back to 04 style lever blades this one in particular is quite long and as previously said a bit more chunkier mainly because it is unsurprisingly designed for four fingers, hence being a bit longer.

This seems to be a big step back to me. I dont understand why you'd want laonger brake levers...it just means you've got less fingers wrapped round the bars and less control.

Also, for the anorexics out there, surely the longer levers weigh more?

I dont understand why you'd want laonger brake levers...it just means you've got less fingers wrapped round the bars and less control

The idea with the '4-finger' blade is that you still use one finger, it just increases the mechanical advantage of the system are therefore gives more braking power.

They work really well but obviously make the brake a little more spongy. The shape is the same as the 'normal' 05+ blades, just longer.

This seems to be a big step back to me. I dont understand why you'd want laonger brake levers...it just means you've got less fingers wrapped round the bars and less control.

Also, for the anorexics out there, surely the longer levers weigh more?

the standard blades are for 2 fingers, do you use 2 fingers on your brake?

see what i'm getting at? you don't have to use 4 fingers on the brake, can still use just one finger.

edit: damn you tarty adam :P

Edited by Grant-Hundley