Ebay Bike Disaster

HarshRider

yo all

i have just recieved my ashton justice off ebay and its full on bodges.

basically it had burns on it which is good, however one arm was 165mm long and the other was 175mm log! not good

second the rear brake mounts have all but one been retapped, so there is 1 m5, 2m6 and 1 m7 yes m7 :|

the rest is in good nick really just not what i was expecting from the bike considering what was mentioned on the ad

basically if your buying a second hand bike/frame then its best to buy of here :P

also are there helicoil kits which bring m6 threds back to m5's and m7 to m6 or even m5??

cheers

oh and has a fsa orbit botton headset and head set top cup :P

if the threads are already m6 does the mean i can just insert m5 helicoils, after getting the kit of course?

also what thread pitch are the m6 bolts used for v brakes ? i know that the thread pitch for the standard m5 maggie bolths are 0.8.

Yeah for £220 you got a steal, however i reckon it was out of ignorance he didnt mention the faults with the bike.

More than likely hasnt ridden trials in a few years buys the full bike, it all feels fine to him- then he sells it on.

Also think i might have a 175 square right arm too lol

I wouldn't think twice about emailing him, even if it was a steal you paid for the bike described.

See if you can work out a deal. Me personally i'd explain that i'd now have to go out and buy a new crank arm so they match which is gonna cost £X, and your gonna have to buy helicoil kits to sort out all the mounts which is gonna cost £X and see what he has to say. Don't let him get away with it.

(Y)

Probably best off getting some timeserts fitted. They go in about 7mm and convert back to 5mm. Look it up

looks good ill give them a call tomorrow!

its a 175 drivers crank and a 165 non driver side both square tapered.

i have a spare pair of burns i can use for now so its not to bad!

Edited by HarshRider

looks good ill give them a call tomorrow!

its a 175 drivers crank and a 165 non driver side both square tapered.

i have a spare pair of burns i can use for now so its not to bad!

Still probably worth getting money for the right length cranks as it does say they are 175.

If the mounts work, is it worth fiddling with them?

Still good value for the money though.

Although its definately worth checking exactly what you are getting - in writing.

Edited by Jamie_Neal