Magura Pads

gu trials

why does everyone want the loudest. surely a good bite, lock and hold are the first thing you should be looking for. personally i'd be looking for the quitest pads, with, a good, lock hold and bite, as i feel a right tard biking down the main shopping road in skegness, having to slow down because some holiday maker scum walks out infront of you, when i'm on the road, and i have to break with a big f**k off screech. everyone turns around and stares at you. you can see the look on that fit blonde with the nice arse and cracking tits's face, as if to say what a tw*t. sorry rant over.

quiet brakes are the way forwards. i can see it. crystal ball and all that shizz.

on the other hand plazmatic crm's are good on a smooth rim. as are heatsink snowys.

As your asking for a smooth rim, arent the zoo pads supposed to be good? Doubt you'll get a screech as big as a pad with a grind though. Maybe some tar will help your braking performance too

coust on a grind....

and tryall smooth rims... dont wrok very well. i have used echo rims with plaz amazing.... but smooth tryall on plaz...

was shit, just had no bite... but tryall rims with grinds....

blooody good.

got some video clips to prove it :)

That statement contained in post #10 is a bout as ill informing and off the mark as one could get. I am surprised Adam. But thanks for the jab so I can set the record straight.

The LARGEST DIFFERENCE between pad compounds is in the circumstance of a smooth (reletively clean) rim. Why/how is this? Because the LEAST AMMOUNT OF OUTSIDE INFLUENCE (i.e. grind) is clouding the ability of the compound to interact (i.e. grip) with the rim. Plazmatic CRM pads without a doubt are the grippiest pad on a smooth rim. It is what they were designed for (as opposed to color choice from the Barradine catalogue). Because I say so? Of course not, I do not have that kind of ego. But at this point I will have to beg off on revealing the proprietary testing/data, as it is what keeps Plazmatic CRMs well ahead. Tar can ad to grip (though definatly NOT in wet situations!), but it does not change the difference in performance from from one pad to another.

Heavy Grind situations have the LEAST VARIANCE in braking power between pads. Why/how is this? Pretty obvious, the TEXTURE is what is causing a good bit of the braking power. The compound in this situation is less important.

Brakes are a technology driven performance item (unlike, say grips which are tactile). In the end the clip type and ammount of text alotted to a description on an order page do not slow/stop a bike.

Edited by Tim/Trialsin USA

Strange, when I used Magura black pads on a smooth rim with tar they were 'good' (locked the wheel effectively in dry and clean conditions), and on a grind they were pretty poor.

Since the tar doesn't actually allow the pad to touch the rim, all pads are the same when used with tar surely? (Which is what my post stated)

Yeah definitely not... I always seem to get pounded by Tim for making posts in pad topics, lol.

i think tim @ plazmatic takes alot of things you say the wrong way to be honest, just something i have noticed in a couple of topics

to be honest adam, i would not take your advice anyway, i mean its not like you own the most successful trials shop in the UK / possibly the world, surely you know nothing?

/sarcasm

*do i get a bonus now, for being a suck arse

Edited by ben_travis

That statement contained in post #10 is a bout as ill informing and off the mark as one could get. I am surprised Adam. But thanks for the jab so I can set the record straight.

Are you this big of a douche in person as well? I'll be sure never to buy anything from your shop.

Oooohh... The word I set to 'strikethrough' was 'Plaz'. That's where this has come about from!

Tim, it could have been any pad manufacturer and I would have done the same... the point was that it's the tar that's making the brake work in the stated situation (not that Plaz are crap... far from it in fact, I would run them myself if discs weren't loads better :P). Sorry for the misunderstanding!