Bmx Bike, Best Bottom Of The Range One

HarshRider

hey

i was thinking about getting a bmx to play around with, im only after a cheap one to see if i like it first.

im a complete bmx noob, they all mostly look the same to me.

ive looked in halfords/bikes shops like chainreaction and i just dont know whats any good.

im looking £200 or under and for a bit of a all rounded for street/park?

any help would be greatly appricated

If it's under £200, it'll be shit, it'll ride like shit, and you probably won't enjoy it.

The prices of bikes are set to rise by up to 20% in 2009, so you might also want to get one ASAP 'cos if you wait, the shit bike you'll buy will be even worse :P

EDIT: I'll quantify that - think of it as riding a <£200 trials bike compared to riding your current bike. Shitty, un-branded V-brakes, crap bar and stem, poor geometry on your frame, heavy components, open bearing hubs, etc. - not going to feel good to ride. Same with BMXs. Under £200 = poor frame, poor spec, poor everything. It's hard to work out whether you'll like something from riding something that bad.

Hiten steel just bends.

Cromo or nothing. Srsly.

if hes only a beginner he's probs not gonna be able to bend a frame?

also those nova's are quite nice, rode a mates one and after i altered the lever angle it rode really nicely..

Ben

i had no idea there was a bmx forum, shows how much i use trials forum these days! and its it bold in the top right hand corner aswell :turned:

thanks for all the recommendations so far! think i may look into the second hand region so at least if i don't take to it i can get my money back!

i've got a hardly used "asda" bike i'm not going to lie to you it's shit, but it'd be okay for pissing about on, but as soon as you got better it'd need replacing, everythings in great condition four footpegs, aluminium frame, rode like twice then stored in the shed, it's doing absolute nothing so any offer really