My T-poo Problem Page

txt2007

As title says i just can't manage to get my chain to run straight it sort of goes from the freewheel and about half an inch to the sprocket just bends.

It would be straight if you could screw the sprocket further on, and because i don't think i'd be able to cut the sprocket down and keep it all parallel i thought to put something in between the frame and bb cup therefore bringing the crank and freewheel out which in theory should make the chain run straight. But no, it doesn't...

Am really confused and fed up with it so any help would be much appreciated =/

Edited by txt2007

not sure what you mean really, it fits in howver i compared the old bb to the new one and the new bb is slightly longer, but we did try the old one in and it still wouldnt run straight, was worse i think, which would proove the fact that the free wheel neds bring out a bit, but i tried that and it doesn't work :S

Edit- if it's any help it's a t-pro frame with sq taper V!Z bb

Edited by txt2007

but if you think about it the previous owner ran the short onza bb and as far as i'm aware it was okay, so why would i need longer when i've already got a longer bb then it had before lmao

and single speed, mod isn't it....

Edited by txt2007

P1050298.jpg

P1050299.jpg

P1050300.jpg

Not sure if they really show the problem but as i said it doesn't look too much of a problem but when you spin the crank the chain doesn't sit right on the sprocket.

just wandering now wether i need a new sprocket because if you look at the top picture it looks asthough the sprocket teeth need to be central like the try all sprocket is, please someone just say it just needs a new/different sprocket! i'm sick of seeing the bike, not sure if i even like it yet i might be selling it on!!!!!!

dunno it this will work but try putting the snailcam on the outside on the non-driveside! might move the wheel over nd allign it better.

nope :P

Looking at that i would also say that the hub doesn't look straight in the frame, in the top pic it looks like the non drive side is further up the dropouts than the drive side.....

Adam

it wasn't i don't think but have messed about with it so many times... it messes with your head.

Looking at the sprocket side of things the chain seems to be pushed towards the outside instead of sitting straight, would the try all sprocket eradicate this?

Try the above ensuring the wheel is in straight, but if you need a new BB to sort the problem it would be a longer one for definite(Y)

but you'd expect the onza bb to work when it's in an onza frame, i've tried using the old shot at onza bb but when you try the longer viz bb it doesnt look to bad but when yougive the cranks a whirl it sounds wrong, the problem is now that the chain isn't sitting right on the sprocket

but you'd expect the onza bb to work when it's in an onza frame, i've tried using the old shot at onza bb but when you try the longer viz bb it doesnt look to bad but when yougive the cranks a whirl it sounds wrong, the problem is now that the chain isn't sitting right on the sprocket

Do you have the right size chain???

It looks like your wheel isn't straight or the sprocket is bend or not on proply.

it's on properly, don't think it's bent and the wheels straight, as a test my dad put a spacer in to make the chain run straight, which it did, it just doesn't sit right on the sprocket, going to buy the try all sprocket i think...

i know that koxx use a spacer between the crank and the freewheel thats what ive got you could remove/add it if its got one or not or go to a bike shop and play around with bb to suit the line thats what i always had to do when i got a new frame the only other thing is buy a smaller rear cog thats thinner

ps the wheel is straight in the photos going by the snail cams ie same position its the chain line that makes it look that

looking more at the first photo you need shorter bb so the cranks it just clears the frame and a big spacer between the freewheel and cranks this will bring the line into the bike at the cranks i done this on my dob frame

Edited by weebryan

i think it's slightly off and the camera angle intensifies the look of it being off, i think im going to have to get a new sprocket for it, but in the ideal world i'd rather borrow a few and have a mess about to see if its what i really need before spending 18 quid on something that wont help