My T-poo Problem Page

txt2007

I don't get dishing to be honest, but i've trued the wheel myself and the hubs central to the rim...

i've sorted the chain running at an angle but if you look at the sprocket when you turn the wheel the links inbetween the gaps end up sitting on a sprocket toothi'd get a picture but you can't see it very well....

for anyone whos interestedi sorted the chain by grinding down a tube to a 1.5mm spacer then i've turned the sprocket around(which might be why theres a problem with the chain not sittingt right?) so now the chains in line but maybe the sprocket needs to be the other way for it to allow the chain to sit right?

New problem...

Beacuase i grinded the sprocket down so that the chain would run striaght there wasn't enough thread left for the sprocket to grip, so it's stripped about 2mm of the hubs thread. I'm fed up of this bike (the little go i had on it though was great) so i just want it fixed so how much do you think it'll cost a bike shop to fix?

It shouldn't need a new hub i dont think, and i've probably lost the warranty of it...

pics of the hub and sprocket if it'd help for soemone to quote me a price of what i'm looking at for someone to get my bike up and running.

The stripped thread

Photo-0123.jpg

Photo-0125.jpg

the sprocket after having to cut it off

Photo-0126.jpg

and to show how much we needed to take off to get the chain straight theres about 1mm left

Photo-0127.jpg

what the hell have you done!?

Did you even listen to the advice given previously.

I think you might be able to just thread over the stripped threads. HOwever your only option if your not willing to do that is to buy a new hub and stuff.

sorry

haha lol i did listen honst! I tried everything, it worked for about 2 hours then started stripping the thread the next day im giving up on it going to take it a bike shop Tomorrow i think, how much do you think it'll cost to get it all up and running?

Move your wheel to one of the sides ..

I'll shot myself if it is not working .. worked PERFECT for me ..

Even if you have 1000000000000000wheelbuilds in your mind , you could have done it a bit wrong ..

Way to set up backwheel right :

Losen allen bolt , pull wheel as far back as you want it . adjust it so that the chain i VERY straigt (with the snails) thighten up a bit on each side ... adjust rearbrake .. tighten so that you just dont stripp threads ..

Job done ..

Call me stupid but why didn't you just put the sprocket on the other way round?

tried it it didn't work, but i took the bike tarty's and they sorted it cleaned the thread i'd stripped (this is the embarrasing bit) turned my chain the right way up :$ and fitted a new sprocket and the sprocket was inline! i feel uber stupid, i never new chains had a rght way, don't on a motorbike

so yeah all good so far, went out for a little ride yesterday but it was shitting it down so i've not been able to have a proper go on it without being scared i'll slip on the grass :( much nicer than my rex i think

plus it only cost the price of the sprocket (Y)

Edited by txt2007

Depends what chain you have, something like a 510 or 610 it doesn't matter, but you get a 710 or an 810 and the plates have a very specific shape to them.

i just know it's a kmc kool chain, well i think it is, :P but yeah all works so all's happy, shame it's forcasted for shite weather :(