Round 1 Spain

rugbyman

I thought that the rule was that you could wear shorts as long as lower leg protection is worn?? Surely you're must better protected by shin pads as opposed to leggins?

Sounds like someone (or their parents) didnt like the fact that Jack is so good for his age...

I still don't know how the BIU get away with only publishing the bike make if it's Monty... you'd think the other manufacturer's would be getting a bit annoyed after 18 years?! Well done to all those who competed (Y).

I thought that the rule was that you could wear shorts as long as lower leg protection is worn?? Surely you're must better protected by shin pads as opposed to leggins?

I thought the rules stated 'full length trousers must be worn' or similar. Doesn't matter if they're only a thin layer of lycra so long as they're full length. Stupid as it sounds...

the reason no other manufactures is that monty are the only company that pay the licensing fee to their respective federation at least that was the case a couple of years ago.

Correct ... it's a "competition" in itself with an entry fee ... hence in 2005 when Martyn Ashton donated a bike to the raffle we were running to raise funds for the British world round, it was classed as the "fee" for Ashton Bikes entry into the "competition" and Ashton Bikes came 2nd in the world!

sections were not great lol stupid running order to which made me miss section 5 on my 1st lap, the easiest one of the lot and incur a 10 point penalty which cost me about 5 places in the rankings. was really tempted to miss france and got to the uci instead but i,ll stick it out and hopefully france will be much better.

In biarritz now, me tom, and slinger all went surfing yesterday was a good laugh!