Is This E-mail Fradulent?

jack0174

i was selling some stuff for £85 and this bloke e-mailed me this he wants to buy the item but send me a £1000 check for it.

Thanks for the info....

Mind you,the check that will be issued to you will be £1000 which is the money owed me by the company that want to issued the check , so i ordered them to issue the check to you so that you can deduct your own part of the money then send the remainder to the shipper who will come and pick up the items and also my remaining goods that needed to be picked up in your city sameday . Thanks and get back to me with your full name and address,telephone number and mobile number thanks...

tell me what you think.

Don't send them anything, it's bullshit. He would never, EVER send a cheque for a grand, he'd cash the cheque and write you a new one for £85.

Is it on Ebay or summat? I just wouldn't even reply to it.

ok then it wasnt ebay i had it up on a classifieds website.

oh well at least i didnt fall for it.

thanks for the replies.

oh yeah his email address is: patrick_lewis01@yahoo.com

just incase it happens to anyone else.

Edited by jack0174

ok then it wasnt ebay i had it up on a classifieds website.

oh well at least i didnt fall for it.

thanks for the replies.

Actually, lets think this though. The whole idea to the scam is they get you to send the item and the £815. Then the cheque is cancled (even though it may have cleared) and your down a shit load of money and your item.

However, if a 'shipping company' is comming to pick up your item on their behalf, and the rest of the money, what's stopping you from shitting in a box and sending that. Seing as though the scammer is paying the delivery costs.

Actually, lets think this though. The whole idea to the scam is they get you to send the item and the £815. Then the cheque is cancled (even though it may have cleared) and your down a shit load of money and your item.

However, if a 'shipping company' is comming to pick up your item on their behalf, and the rest of the money, what's stopping you from shitting in a box and sending that. Seing as though the scammer is paying the delivery costs.

lol it would have to be a pretty big heavy shit.

Don't send them anything, it's bullshit. He would never, EVER send a cheque for a grand, he'd cash the cheque and write you a new one for £85.

Is it on Ebay or summat? I just wouldn't even reply to it.

yes its a fraud i had some one try to do that to me when i was selling my phone on Ebay what ever you do dont send any money away.