I Want A New Pc...

nb88

Tried cleaning the slots?

I recently added more RAM to my computer, and had trouble getting it to POST.

I used my camera Rock Blower to clean the slots and then pushed them in as hard as I could. THe mobo wasn't exactly happy about it, but it worked, so that's all I can suggest.

Not read much into this, have you checked the RAM/Mobo compatibility?

I had that problem with my previous build...new set of RAM got it running :)

Other than that, could it be faulty RAM/Mobo? Check your friends to see if your ram is compatible and test it on their systems?

According to a few website, my ram and mobo are compatible - P5N32-E + Motherboard, and Corsair TwinX XMS2 RAM, i have 2 x 2GB sticks. Just tried reseating ram again and nothing. Maybe a faulty motherboard, i've been reading on the internet and its quite a common problem with my mobo apparently. I'll see if i can borrow someones RAM first though.

I know for a fact the RAM and the mobo are compatable, but I really think you got to look about the seating of the RAM.

Just keep trying, if anything, get one stick working and leave the the rest out until you've got it fired up and working.

Take everything out, and start again ;) Thats the universal fix for everything.

If that doesn't work then try someone elses RAM, it could be a possibility that the board is defaulting the RAM voltage too low for the RAM to power up, and as a consequence it won't post while the RAM is in. If you can get some other RAM stick and get into the bios you can change the default RAM voltage and put your RAM back in.

Tried borrowing my friends RAM which is on the approved list and that didnt work. Also tried rebuilding it, took everything apart apart from taking the mobo out of the case, and trying to run it with just CPU, RAM and graphics card installed. Also tried re-seating CPU but same problem. I'm getting my new graphics cards this weekend so i'll try them, maybe the graphics im using is a bit faulty... If that doesnt work i have no idea, maybe a faulty motherboard.

Tried, loads of times now, so i'm sure its not the RAM thats the problem. Looking online lots of people seem to have this problem with this motherboard so i'm going to RMA it, after trying my new graphics cards tomorrow (and most likely seeing the same problem).

With ebuyer, if i RMA the board, i can get a replacement, refund or a swap for another board. Do you think I should stick with this one, or are there better SLI intel boards around? I'm willing to spend up to around 120, this board cost 90.

Also, i'm gonna need a new fan/heatsink for my E8500 core 2 duo if i want to overclock it, any recommendations? As quiet as possible, and would allow me to overclock from 3.16 to 4ghz would be nice.

Edited by nb88

Tried, loads of times now, so i'm sure its not the RAM thats the problem. Looking online lots of people seem to have this problem with this motherboard so i'm going to RMA it, after trying my new graphics cards tomorrow (and most likely seeing the same problem).

With ebuyer, if i RMA the board, i can get a replacement, refund or a swap for another board. Do you think I should stick with this one, or are there better SLI intel boards around? I'm willing to spend up to around 120, this board cost 90.

Also, i'm gonna need a new fan/heatsink for my E8500 core 2 duo if i want to overclock it, any recommendations? As quiet as possible, and would allow me to overclock from 3.16 to 4ghz would be nice.

arctic freezer pro 7.. does what it says on the tin. Took my 1.86ghz e6300 to 3.5ghz.. so wont be any problem for a e8500

if you want uber quiet.. and have some serious space in your case try scythe "mine" or a tuniq tower they are big enough to run with no fan or atleast on lowest speed.

Edited by munkee