Diamondback Tekiya 08

Webber

Wanted to see what you guys thought about this bike.

I used to ride an onza t-bird along time ago and wanted to have a stab at trials again. I have been browsing for both mod and stock and this caught my eye.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought on the bike.

I have about £300 to spend so any guidance would be awsome :)

Heres a link to the diamondback: http://www.diamondback.co.uk/bikedetails.aspx?ID=64

Cheers

James

Hey

i got a DB T2 mod.... it is great!!

super lightweight and nothing has ever broke on it!

i have lots of mods to the bike aswel including a hope pro 2 in gold.

i am selling my bike because i dont have time to ride really.. so if you interested?

jus let me know:)

I wouldn't mind having a look if you dont mind kazster.

Feel free to add me on artist.in.theambulance@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

James

Anyone got any other ideas for around £300.

Stock or mod, eithers fine. But i think i would sway more towards mod as its what i used to ride.

hey my brother has one off them and hes had it about 8 mounths and i think its a gr8 bike for starters but a little on the heavy side for the more advanced riders its well balenced n looks pretty sweet really he has hope trials hub hope front disc magura rim brake and loads of red fancy hope parts all ova it so yer i would recomend it to starter riders

Hey buddy, my mate works for Raleigh and he told me that those frames have problems with their chainstays, I think they made them too thin and the yoke gap is too big and so, makes it weak. They do look nice though.

The onza looks good for a beginner, though the frame isn't really updated geometry.

Have you had a look at the PHASE 1.3 and 1.2

1.3 retails at £299 and the 1.2 £499 but the links are for Evans cycles which have them both on sale, 1.3 £199 and 1.2 for £349.

The main difference between the two is the 1.3 has v-brake mounts and the 1.2 has 4 bolt mounts.

I ride a 1.2, I've changed some bits, but I'm still running the frame, forks, headset, bar, stem and bb.

Here's a video and [email=http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=123762]pics of me, if your interested in seeing a PHASE in action

Edited by Nick Manning

Hey buddy, my mate works for Raleigh and he told me that those frames have problems with their chainstays, I think they made them too thin and the yoke gap is too big and so, makes it weak. They do look nice though.

The onza looks good for a beginner, though the frame isn't really updated geometry.

Have you had a look at the PHASE 1.3 and 1.2

1.3 retails at £299 and the 1.2 £499 but the links are for Evans cycles which have them both on sale, 1.3 £199 and 1.2 for £349.

The main difference between the two is the 1.3 has v-brake mounts and the 1.2 has 4 bolt mounts.

I ride a 1.2, I've changed some bits, but I'm still running the frame, forks, headset, bar, stem and bb.

Here's a video and [email=http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=123762]pics of me, if your interested in seeing a PHASE in action

Thanks for that Nick mate.

The 1.3 does look good to me. Just worried about jumping onto a 26" trials when i am used to 20", but this was a long time ago xD

On the 1.3 in Evans, i see a disc on the front. Was just wondering how durable this disc will be and will it need changing. also might buy a hs33 for the rear.

As you may see from my other recent thread i may also be looking to drill my own rims.

I luckily have an Evans cycles right up the road on Center MK so could purchase in store.

James

it has good geometrys amazing for a starter bike but my mate had one he had it for 3-4 months and the chainstay snapped

hope ive helped

jarvis (Y)

wasnt 3 or 4 months jarvis

it was only a month!

my advice is to get something decent. the geo on the bike is nice but its not up for the beating that trials will give it.

Thanks for that Nick mate.

The 1.3 does look good to me. Just worried about jumping onto a 26" trials when i am used to 20", but this was a long time ago xD

On the 1.3 in Evans, i see a disc on the front. Was just wondering how durable this disc will be and will it need changing. also might buy a hs33 for the rear.

As you may see from my other recent thread i may also be looking to drill my own rims.

I luckily have an Evans cycles right up the road on Center MK so could purchase in store.

James

I think it's a basic cable disc, I've not ridden the bike with that disc, so I'm not usre what its like. for the price is great, you may want to change a few things if you prefer things like a magura instead of a v-brake, but its compatable, so not a problem.

Brett Penfold is riding the 1.3 with rear v-brake.

The thing I found with the PHASE bikes is that the frames are really light, so it doesn't really matter whats on the bike, even the geometry is slightly different to most frame, but I love it. I've done alot on my PHASE that I have struggled with on other frames.

You might aswell pop down to Evans if you got one near, see if they have them in stock, so you can have a good look at them.

I think it's a basic cable disc, I've not ridden the bike with that disc, so I'm not usre what its like. for the price is great, you may want to change a few things if you prefer things like a magura instead of a v-brake, but its compatable, so not a problem.

Brett Penfold is riding the 1.3 with rear v-brake.

The thing I found with the PHASE bikes is that the frames are really light, so it doesn't really matter whats on the bike, even the geometry is slightly different to most frame, but I love it. I've done alot on my PHASE that I have struggled with on other frames.

You might aswell pop down to Evans if you got one near, see if they have them in stock, so you can have a good look at them.

Yeah might consider doing that this weekend. Maybe hopefully walk away with one :)

Cheers for the help Nick and everyone else