What Oil To Use In Hs33..

langey

mineral oil is the official substance meant for it,there are a few offering about from shimano to monty and each feels different so experiamentation can be done.i've also heard of cooking oil being used but meh to that.

water is also used alot as it give a very light feel to the lever and is inexpensive to use,but. . . it voids warenty, occasionally it damages seals in the brake wich isnt good and it requires antifreeze during winter to stop your brakes from icing up .

Don't use dot 4 brake fluid!!! i used it in my old maguras and it made the seals in the levers expand so the lever didn't return properly and made the brake unusable.

but Ive used water every time Ive bled my brake sinse then and i found it makes the leaver much more responsive.

Sean.

Don't use dot 4 brake fluid!!! i used it in my old maguras and it made the seals in the levers expand so the lever didn't return properly and made the brake unusable.

but Ive used water every time Ive bled my brake sinse then and i found it makes the leaver much more responsive.

Sean.

Thanks for all the help with this guys,regards

water destroys your slave piston in the winter , do a summer bleed of water and a magura royal blood bleed for winter but give the system a good flush out 1st hope I helped .

jack

Hi there jack,il give water a go for a bit,and when the cold weather comes il change it to oil.thanks for all the help off you guys.regards..