Magura Slave Cylinder

J Trials 31

Alright, my right slave cylinder keeps getting stuck. Like when you pull the brake lever it moves the pad in fine, but when you let go the pad doesn't go all the way back in. Anybody know what I should do?

Where's a dual disc bike laying around when you need one?

Buy my Echo?

EDIT: Jokes, not for sale yet. I used to have thise problem when i had to use the TPA to move the pads out, wind it right off and set the pads up just using the 4 bolt mounts.

Edited by Muel

If youre using a water bleed then its possible that the pistons need oiling, take the pads off, pump and hold the lever so they stay out and drop a tiny amount of oil onto the outside of the piston. Work it back and forth a couple of times and it should help :)

If you have an oil bleed then ignore the above and do the wiki thing for lazy pistons or wind your tpa back off >_<

The TPA is theoretically there to account for pad wear over time, however it usually just makes one piston sit further out instead of both equal. Basically the TPA pushes the master cylinder in more to in turn push the pads out further, I think because the hose feeds from one cylinder to another (rather than an equal hose split) it causes one pad to be affected by the TPA.

When you bleed the brake you need to have the TPA wound out.

On the old style maggies wind the red knob (the TPA) clockwise when sitting on the bike to wind the TPA out. I assume on the new style maggies you wind it anticlockwise when sitting on the bike (I have never used the new style maggie so dont know meself).

Alright, it's done, but I can't get the slave cylinder back on. I screw it on and it's not in the right position to line up to go on the bike. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Fixed it! Stuck the crossover and bolt in the opposite holes.

Edited by J Trials 31

Still having problems after cleaning it out. Guess I'll have to clean out both slave cylinders and the lever like the Wiki says. Sucks, cause I won't be able to ride for days cause I don't have that much time to do all of that. Took me about 2 hours to figure out how to clean the one put it back together and bleed it. And it looks like I did that for nothing.