Shipley Glen

BikeTrial Federation

The end of the year is approaching, so before it gets too cold for camping, come along and join in the two days of trials at Shipley Glen.

banner-gif.gif

Day 1 - Saturday 4th October

Round 3 Final of the British UCI Trials Championship

Day 2 - Sunday 5th October

Round 5 Final of the UK National Biketrial Championship

Entries and payment available on-line. You do not need any membership or licences to enter either of these events. Everyone is welcome on both or either days, from age 6 upwards. There's even an over 30's class!!! Should be a couple of good days riding, and if you enter both days you save a tenner!

www.biketrialuk.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

id best get entered..............haha

Should be a good crack, would like to see some nice flowy sections up at shipley, not a marathon, something fun and super enjoyable like the sections at the new tyke trial event.

Wayne.

BD175BN is the postcode for who ever needed it. (Y) its on the entry form i think.

Edited by Waynio

your best at saltaire station. as its then just a walk/ride up the shipley glen tramway and it will take you 10/15mins, if you go from shipley station you have to ride down the canal and it will take you a good bit longer maybe anuva 15mins or so.

you cant turn up and ride the sections etc, unless you pay a fee for insurance etc, we have had this at previous trials when a group of people turned up and rode without paying, for insurance purposes people MUST pay a fee for insurance, or we can loose our precious venues.

Wayne.

Anyone available to give me a lift from Leeds by any chance?

Get off at Saltaire station and i'll take you through the woods ;)

But honestly, I'm going up on the Saturday, if you going up then i'll happilly meet you as i'm walking up the tram way. Not sure about Sunday yet

Frooty

Get off at Saltaire station and i'll take you through the woods ;)

But honestly, I'm going up on the Saturday, if you going up then i'll happilly meet you as i'm walking up the tram way. Not sure about Sunday yet

Frooty

got it! thanks for the help + wayne. A combination of ordnance survey + multimap's birds eye view and I can make out the tramway

Are there many entries for Senior catagory? Last one i did there were not many in Senior, not that im complaining of course as i got a trophy but it did seem a bit of a shallow victory. Also if i were to finish 3rd in championship (assuming a miracle) does that mean next year i would have to ride Elite!!!

Are there many entries for Senior catagory? Last one i did there were not many in Senior, not that im complaining of course as i got a trophy but it did seem a bit of a shallow victory. Also if i were to finish 3rd in championship (assuming a miracle) does that mean next year i would have to ride Elite!!!

You don't say whether you mean on the Saturday or Sunday? As there is no class called "Senior" in Saturday's UCI comp, I'll take it you mean Sunday. Most of the Senior (reds) ride 26", quite a few in there, not too many in Senior 20" though.

A 3rd place class win would not necessarily mean that you would move to Elite - each person would be reviewed individually and consulted where appropriate.

You don't say whether you mean on the Saturday or Sunday? As there is no class called "Senior" in Saturday's UCI comp, I'll take it you mean Sunday. Most of the Senior (reds) ride 26", quite a few in there, not too many in Senior 20" though.

A 3rd place class win would not necessarily mean that you would move to Elite - each person would be reviewed individually and consulted where appropriate.

Oh yeah sorry i did mean Sunday. Thanks for the help, the only reason i ask is that i am currently 4th in the championship (20" Senior) and depending on who turns up on sunday i may end up finishing 3rd in the championship but i am DEFINATELY NOT ready for Elite next year, i am just worried i may have to move up, in which case i probably just wont enter these events next year which would be a shame.

Oh yeah sorry i did mean Sunday. Thanks for the help, the only reason i ask is that i am currently 4th in the championship (20" Senior) and depending on who turns up on sunday i may end up finishing 3rd in the championship but i am DEFINATELY NOT ready for Elite next year, i am just worried i may have to move up, in which case i probably just wont enter these events next year which would be a shame.

Don't worry ... no-one would be forced to move up if they didn't feel ready. In fact some people who were seeded in years gone by have asked to move down - not a problem, we want you to continue enjoying the comps!

See you on Sunday.