New 2009 Onza Range?

L Plate

If anyone would like to venture outside the NMC pond and read in the News section about these bikes (that were posted last month Im sure) they'll read the reasoning behind why they're the same frame but different spec.

Nowadays when new riders join and ask "what should I get" everyone nearly always say T-pro. But now riders can have a choice (money dependant) on what brake setup to have on that bog standard frame - Vee's, HS33's or Disc's. And its nice to have a cheap Dual Disc option from onza now (Y)

Personally the forks still look a nightmare in length, BUT its a nice idea to release those 3 together. Ill stick to my old school T-lite for now though :)

Some good onza for once!!!

Everyone has always dissed Onza, but 90% of trials riders started out on Onza's a few years back.

Everyone in my home town started on Onza's when I first got into it.

For the money you really can't go wrong. I do agree they are starting to appeal to the higher end of the market now too, but all in all they've always been alright!

I think the new onza are cool.

I especially like the double disk onza pro. i like the idea of an double disk onza.

but i think making the frame look exactly the same is a bit bad because basically the bird has changed to a compplete straight frame

and the rip is just the old t-pro with the t-bird crank

the blade is just a t-mag

the frames are basically the same on each bike with just different brakes and different colours on the bike.

I think there a bit stupid because there like all the same just different parts and colours.

Yeah that made loads of sense.

I assume by "them" you mean the new range - I'm guessing, without checking, that they look similar but have different geos and some are Mod, Stock & 24". Basically, totally different.

The new range looks good, should get lots of new riders into the sport! I have to say though they could have done better with naming them, I mean its a bit lazy just taking the T way of the T-pro; same for the comp and bird. However that's only a small thing, over all they look ok.

Edited by E6v6i6l

Yeah that made loads of sense.

I assume by "them" you mean the new range - I'm guessing, without checking, that they look similar but have different geos and some are Mod, Stock & 24". Basically, totally different.

look at the topic title, what else would i be talking about? and the "new range" are all the same frame design, so how have they got different geos? :S

This just shows that Lincoln was right with his famous comments about pleasing all the people, all of the time.

After some fairly wild and generalised comments, let me just point out one thing.

Our 20 " range always had 2 basic frames (3 with the T-Mag). The T-Vee and T-Bird was broadly the same frame and the T-Pro and T-Comp were also the same frame. The new range has the Rip and Bird with broadly the same frame and then the Pro, Blade and Comp with the second fame. The T-Mag has remained on top of both ranges. So no real change in policy there. The Pro frame is very much a different frame to the Rip/ Bird frame.