A Fact About Energy

sexymike

Sorry but yes it is,

Petrol is basically just a refined hydrocarbon, As the name gives away, this means its mostly made from hydrogen and carbon atoms, as two of the main components of air are Carbon-Dioxide and hydrogen, its not exactly hard to see that it is indeed possible.

The concentrated sun light is if I remember correctly to generate the heat needed to separate the oxygen atoms from the carbon-dioxide leaving us with just carbon.

Yes its not easy, or at this moment in time financially viable, but one thing it very much is, is possible.

When it comes to renewable energy, in this country at least, it appears to me that the obvious choices are tidal and wave power.

mwwwaaaayte...do you know how little CO2 there is in air?

EDIT: 40 silly snake things to power 20,000 homes? put that in perspective, this power station (coal) alone generates power for 7% of the entire UK! that's not an easy thing to replace...

GD5684718@ENVGALLERY-NORTH-YORK-7906.jpg

there's lots of novel renewable energy thingys...but like it or not- we are absolutely dependant on coal and gas. And there's not alot we can do!!

Edited by zhi nuts!

mwwwaaaayte...do you know how little CO2 there is in air?

EDIT: 40 silly snake things to power 20,000 homes? put that in perspective, this power station (coal) alone generates power for 7% of the entire UK! that's not an easy thing to replace...

GD5684718@ENVGALLERY-NORTH-YORK-7906.jpg

there's lots of novel renewable energy thingys...but like it or not- we are absolutely dependant on coal and gas. And there's not alot we can do!!

I think thats near me,

:S

ICI

Nuclear power scares the shite out of me, also means people dont need to bother with nuclear missisles, just need to bomb a power station. Id rather coal poluting the world than nuclear power, and cars the current governmental pushes for aelectric car make me want to stab someone, Never can the hum of electricity sound better than a v8. never.

I think that, this wave power and solar power for homes is an excelent idea myself. I personally dont really belive the whole global warming she bang (thats a different debate though, lets not start it here) but power stations can cause abit of an eye saw etc.