Isis Bb's Without A "shoulder"

JonMack

Yet another BB question!

I want an ISIS axle for a project. I wanna know how many are a constant diameter all the way along, rather than shouldered

Here's an example of a shouldered one...

gallery_168_13_126883.jpg

This is no use as I need it to be 22mm all the way along. I think the Try-All/Ko/Truvativ Gigapipe are like that as they seem to have an alloy sleeve like this:

ecomproductimages-image-440.jpg

Which means there will be no shoulder, thus it being a constant diameter, so with a bit of work I would be able to take the axle out, right?

Can anyone help me in finding an axle that is 22mm all the way along?

Thanks!

All ISIS BB's will have to have a shoulder for the bearings to sit against. Only BMX type BB's have constant diameter axles with no shoulders. I think. (Waits for Adam@TB to prove me wrong).

The Try-All etc will all have a shoulder on the inside of the bearings- the alloy spacer tube is just to protect the cranks from flaring in the ends of the spline flute I think.

This might interest you... A friend of mine is running Primo Hollowbites on ashimano UN52 in a Euro BB frame. He's having no problems and the interface is almost identical.

So maybe you could use the axle from some hollowbites (Ti aftermarket version available) in a 22mm mid bb and the sqare taper version of the cranks?

I think think think that my frame is gonna be euro, if so that makes my life about 100000x easier... this could go awfully well!

What's the width like? That's something I'm worried about, as the widest I can go is 128mm and most bmx bb's are about 145mm...