Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nickkkkk

Freezing Magura Cable

31 posts in this topic

No it wouldn't, Magura internals are plastic, which is why they work so well with water bleeds, as they don't really need lubricating that much...

Still got rubber seals though, I thought?

-20 maybe -30 for the freezing point??

Nick

Edited by Nickkkkk

This morning I got both my bikes out the garage, but was unable to ride either, as both the rear brakes were frozen. I do run a water bleed - though I have added anti-freeze to one, and shall see tomorrow whether it worked or not.

Original magura blood and any other mineral oil shouldn't freeze.

Both my front brakes are Hope mono trial with Dot 5.1 fluid, again should never freeze from UK weather.

I am using a 50/50 mix of water and anti freeze and working perfect. The other night up here it was under -10 degrees and my brakes didn't freeze. Also feel really good to just like a normal water bleed.

Lmao, I can imagine you taking swiggs of it and ur bleeding it lol :P

It was probably the most fun I've ever had working on my bike... One for you - one for me... one for you - one for me... ;)

Ash-Kennard: Vodka rotting seals or anti-freeze rotting seals? Assuming anti-freeze works Vodka should be fine... It's alcohol mixed with water in both cases. Right? (Glycol is different (though more similar to DOT than mineral oil?) but I assume anti-freeze would be windshield wiper fluid stuff in this case?)