Pc Monitor/cable Problems

Karl Butcher

Just brought a pc monitor splitter cable and a LG Flatron W1942S monitor

i hooked it all up but it wont split the two images its got the same image on both monitors

i went on display settings and it cant pick up the LG monitor just the old one i got with the PC

do i need a different type of cable or what?

Edited by Karl Butcher

If getting dual screens was that easy, everyone would do it. ;)

I think you need to get a new graphics card with the two inputs for the monitors, to have the two screens as one, instead of two the same?

Something like that anyway, I've never really looked into it.

If getting dual screens was that easy, everyone would do it. ;)

I think you need to get a new graphics card with the two inputs for the monitors, to have the two screens as one, instead of two the same?

Something like that anyway, I've never really looked into it.

Cool thanks for the help :)

Having a Y splitter from a single video output won't enable for each screen to display a separate image. If you think about it, your card is outputting one thing, adding a cable with two ends won't give you two different images.

You need a graphics card with two video outputs as dan said. if its not for gaming you can pick a relatively decent one up for around £25 that'll cope with dual screens and HD media and things like that no problem.

Most modern ones come with two outputs as standard as well.

EDIT: Damn your replying as I type! :P

Having a Y splitter from a single video output won't enable for each screen to display a separate image. If you think about it, your card is outputting one thing, adding a cable with two ends won't give you two different images.

You should have said "Sticking a Y shaped hose on a tap doesnt give you water from one side and milk from the other, just two streams of water"

You should have said "Sticking a Y shaped hose on a tap doesnt give you water from one side and milk from the other, just two streams of water"

That would have been a good example, yes. Unless the tap is pouring orange juice, then it would be bad.