Koxx Days Travel Arrangements

AdamR28

make a topic about it Ads (Y)

Done!

Hi guys,

KOXX/K-124, K-124UK and TartyBikes have an idea that we would like to run past you, if you think it's a good one then please post up and let me know so we can get the ball rolling.

It would be like a 'package deal' including travel (by minibus - with pickup/dropoff points at Preston, Birmingham, London and Maidstone), accommodation (in the dorms at Base de Buthier), trip to Paris on Friday for the street ride and entry for the Koxx Days Trials competition on Sunday. Leaving date would be Thursday 26th March, returning Sunday 29th March.

What would not be included: Food, travel insurance, babysitting :P

The maximum number would be 15 at which the cost would be approx £185 each. It would be possible with 10 people but because of fuel/rental/ferry/toll road costs the price would increase to more like £250. This is all charged at cost price, no markup on it.

Would anyone be interested? I guess it's mainly aimed at younger guys who can't drive themselves there, but would be open to anyone.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers!

Adam

The minibus would be a 17 seater and we also have a Vivaro van for bikes (fits 5 fully built trials bikes with both wheels on) and some luggage. The remainder could go in the minibus in/under/around the spare seats. Without camping gear I don't think people would need too much kit (Y)

You'll get a load more than 5 bikes into the van. If you take the front wheels off and pack them upright against each other with the forks turned 90 degrees so the handlebars are lined up with the frame you'll probably get 7 or 8 in a row across the width of the van. Put a sheet of cardboard (half a bike box is ideal for this) between each bike to protect against scratching and you're set (cut space for the pedals to go through the cardboard for tight packing, making sure the pedals don't hit the bikes each side). I've done this for a few MTB trips and it works very well (And is surprisingly quick to pack and unpack too. With trials bikes, there will probably be space to put a second layer on top even on a low roofed van...

This is a very good idea! Nice of you riders at tarty to think about the younger riders that cant make it. As for the people complaining about pick up points, Ads would have gone to alot of trouble to arrange this opertunity, so traveling a few hours down the motor way to a pickup point is'nt too much to ask for if your parasnts agree. (just my opinion, dont bit :P)

**Change of plan, Will be going at another time of year.**

Regards

Nate

Edited by N Roach

It would be like a 'package deal' including travel (by minibus - with pickup/dropoff points at Preston, Birmingham, London and Maidstone), accommodation (in the dorms at Base de Buthier), trip to Paris on Friday for the street ride and entry for the Koxx Days Trials competition on Sunday. Leaving date would be Thursday 26th, returning Sunday 30th.

I'm guessing you either mean Sunday the 29th or Monday the 30th :P

Looks like a really cool idea Adam, if theres free time from my course and I've got a bit of cash I may well jump in on this :)

Rich

This is a really good idea adam! Make sure you take a video camera along in the minibus for a video :)

Im afraid though Will or Me will be drving as per, but we'll see you there. Although a Brit mini night out to fountaine bleu sounds in order :P

no money this year, but i'd love to get my name down to do it next year :D if it works out ok this time round of course. I'm more casual rider, do you have to compete? or can you just pay some entry and play on all the rocks etc when theres no serious competitions on?

Edited by ogre