Chain Tensioners

macy`d

Hello all, I am building an inspired four-play up and i need to know what is the best chain tensioner to use for it. My gear ratio will be something like 16:14 and i will be running a half link chain on it. I don`t like 74 kings by the way :) I have been looking at this one http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=48

The reason i am asking is because both my trials bikes are horizontal drop outs, and i have been riding with them for 2 years now so i have lost a bit of knowledge about chain tensioners now :P

Thanks, Alex Mac

im not telling you not too but that gear ratio your planning is very light and might not be ideal for 24" ,but if that ratio is what you after just ignore me lol.

back to topic,i recomend a shimano sora rear mech,it is heavyer but there simple and excellent chain tension for minimal cost (Y)

steve

I run a trialtech chaintensioner and it is good when the chain is as short as it can go otherwise it just goes loose but once set up right it works fine and it is quite cheap, Max.

As long as its a sprung tentioner it should but ok.

Admitedly some will be better than others but anything will be ok.

Do not get a fixed tentioner, everytime you do anything you'll have to stop to re-adjust the tentioner.

i ran a sora rear mech short cage for years and to make it more trialsy i, wel my mate cut the second jockey wheel off so it was a super short mech great mech kept inline all the time never hit it either as it was so close to the frame, you cant go wrong wih a mech im running a another one now never faulted me either i think you can still get soras at the onza site (supercycles) i think only around 15 quid as well so its not gonna cost th world, and if its breaks then your not going to save up to get another one