Gu Typhoon

BigAl

Iv'e got a Truvativ Gigapipe DH, its 128mm so i cant really get a longer one, and with a tight chain its always wearing on the seatstay, i would have thaught a shorter bb and slightly slacker chain, but i have no money, so i need a bodge :P

Alex.

Iv'e got a Truvativ Gigapipe DH, its 128mm so i cant really get a longer one, and with a tight chain its always wearing on the seatstay, i would have thaught a shorter bb and slightly slacker chain, but i have no money, so i need a bodge :P

Alex.

bit of alloy on the chainstay (Y) or an old skate belt.........use your imagination man! somehting hard wearing that wont make too much noise when the frame hits it

Hey sorry all, ill post some pictures tomorow, too cold to go and take some now. :P

Iv'e cut an old belt up and cable tied it on, its been okay tonight but only time will tell if it works. ;)

Alex.

Edited by BigAl

Get a longer bb.
wider bb

How does that transpire as a good idea? A longer bottom bracket means the freewheel/front cog is pushed further away from the BB shell and the respective chain line is no longer straight, then colliding with the chainstay area of the frame.

I'd say check your bottom bracket clearance (between your freewheel and BB area of the frame) if you have a lot of room then get a shorter bottom bracket.

Also check your chain line, if your chain line angles then something is wrong somewhere (usually BB).

If you have a straight chain line, no/little BB clearance (with a correct size bottom bracket), and then problem still occurs, then you have a faulty frame.

My TP frame had the exact same problem. The quick way would be to put a sheet of metal over that area but the other method I can think of is to get a rear sprocket that has centered teeths if you haven't got one already). The chain line should still be fine though with centered teeth sprockets.

To me it seems to be a design fault.