Grips Help :(

Matt Kerley

If this problem isn't alredy sorted, You should use Coke/Pepsi I read it in MBUK and tried it and it does work - I personally haven't tried this but my mate had loose grips and put pepsi on the bars and inside of the grips. He then put the grips on and left them over night to dry and in the morning they were stuck tight. If you want to get your grips off again, Just get a thin screwdriver, dip it in a glass of water and slide it under the grip and turn it around the handlebar. This loosens all grips. Good luck! (:

I used tony and guy hair spray and left it over night and i worked atreat i think its like £3 a can though from boots but its worth it and it dosent smell as strong as cheaper hair spray. but if all that fails you should use nial varnish that works, but what ever you use you need to give it time to set!

It's NMC. What do you expect?

just because im a pre member and in new members chat doesnt mean im new to bikes ive been trials biking for two years and bmxing for 4 years but ive just stopped bmxing

ive been on trials forum for like 3-4 months n still havent got validated, some people in new members chat have been riding longer than people in the members.

just because im a pre member and in new members chat doesnt mean im new to bikes ive been trials biking for two years and bmxing for 4 years but ive just stopped bmxing

ive been on trials forum for like 3-4 months n still havent got validated, some people in new members chat have been riding longer than people in the members.

Well, For a start were are you Capitol letter man. !

I wasn't referring specifically to your post, more to the huge response (most of which is so poorly described it's essentially useless), and subsequent amount of argument which has gone on over the last few pages, all over such a simple matter. It's typical of NMC where you get a large number of inexperienced riders throwing in their 2 pence worth to any topic.

I do know that there are plenty of experienced riders in NMC. I'd been riding for about 5 years when I joined the forum, as had most of my friends when they joined. Shouldn't you know how to fit grips anyway if you've been riding for 4+ years?

Validation wise you might want to look at your apostrophes - writing a properly spelt post with decent grammer so that it's not a chore to read is half the process. If you do that, it won't be long before you're in members.

Edited by Rumplestiltskin

If this problem isn't alredy sorted, You should use Coke/Pepsi I read it in MBUK and tried it and it does work - I personally haven't tried this but my mate had loose grips and put pepsi on the bars and inside of the grips. He then put the grips on and left them over night to dry and in the morning they were stuck tight. If you want to get your grips off again, Just get a thin screwdriver, dip it in a glass of water and slide it under the grip and turn it around the handlebar. This loosens all grips. Good luck! (:

Or cut them off if you have some new grips , if not just lift the grip and spray hair spray down the grip and twist.

Well, For a start were are you Capitol letter man. !

I havent yet come across a capitol letter man what does he look like ?, and yet again you have spelt capital wrong.