Clean Bikes

robster

I have just been having a nosey around and have seen that Cleanbikes is closed/closing. I think this is a bad day for the sport as B has helped so much talent in the UK including my son Robbie achieve great things.

Out of all the outlets/shops/dealers ect b was the one that put most into the sport organising events attending events and then sorting the results for event, all of this on top of helping out new talent. It is a real shame that she doesn't get the support she needs from the powers that be.

Any way B, thanks for all of you support and help over the years it was great.

Good luck with whatever it is you intend to do with your new found time (toungue in cheek comment)

Sorry if this topic has been done to death but I didn't bother to dearch sos.

JP

Thank you for your kind sentiments John ... we really do miss having you around!

Yes, cleanbikes is closing on 31st March ... in the meantime, 20% off everything as long as stock lasts - check it out www.cleanbikes.co.uk!

I will still be around for a while organising comps etc, but it's just amazing what a new baby grandchild does for you - your priorities seem to change a little ... choice of spending two days on a cold wet windy Addingham Moorside or playing with Isabella? :rolleyes:

By the way John, I'm still waiting for your's and Robbie's entry forms for next week at Shipley ... late again!

Take care.

Barbara

I will still be around for a while organising comps etc, but it's just amazing what a new baby grandchild does for you - your priorities seem to change a little ... choice of spending two days on a cold wet windy Addingham Moorside or playing with Isabella?

Can we give her growth hormones or something? (hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way) Just to accelerate her enough so she's big enough to ride a bike! It would be a sad loss for the sport if you were to leave us Barbara, so much time and effort organising some fantastic events.

As for cleanbikes closing again it's sad to see it going, I haven't ordered anything from there for a long long time, but used to back in the day and it was always handy to have you guys with parts at competitions. Also you have such a illustrious past with the riders that you have supported, chris, hyland, slinger, alic and Sam Oliver before he became what he is now, you obviously have an eye for talent spotting.

see you on the 1st March.

Patrick

Can we give her growth hormones or something? (hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way) Just to accelerate her enough so she's big enough to ride a bike! It would be a sad loss for the sport if you were to leave us Barbara, so much time and effort organising some fantastic events.

As for cleanbikes closing again it's sad to see it going, I haven't ordered anything from there for a long long time, but used to back in the day and it was always handy to have you guys with parts at competitions. Also you have such a illustrious past with the riders that you have supported, chris, hyland, slinger, alic and Sam Oliver before he became what he is now, you obviously have an eye for talent spotting.

see you on the 1st March.

Patrick

You have said it all really Pat, (Y)(Y)(Y) !

Without Barbara I think Trials would die a rapid death in the UK :(

We have missed you over the winter ;):wub:

Is tere any other way to pay?

Other than paypal?

Payment can be made by debit/credit card over the phone until 31/03/09 when our card machine is to be disconnected - otherwise you can pay through PayPal with either debit/credit card (you don't have to have a PayPal account to do this). You can send cheque, pay direct to bank, etc, etc. Any problems just give us a call.

You can try the landline phone 01729 851350 which will have an answerphone if we're not there (line to be disconnected on 31/03/09) or my mobile 07850 505298. We opted to only advertise the PayPal option as we can't guarantee being able to answer the phone all the time and the last thing I wanted to read on here was "no-one answers the phone"!!!

Same service as always, orders up to 3.30pm will be mailed same day by 1st class mail.

New items will be going onto the sale site daily so keep checking it out - Come on guys, help us to clear our stock quickly!!!

Sad news Barbara, its a real shame. Thank you for your support over the last 8 months or so and even before then. Glad to hear that you will still be helping organise events in the UK as I don't know what we would do without you! so thanks once again.

Best of luck to Chris as well

Andrew

Thank you for your kind sentiments John ... we really do miss having you around!

Yes, cleanbikes is closing on 31st March ... in the meantime, 20% off everything as long as stock lasts - check it out www.cleanbikes.co.uk!

I will still be around for a while organising comps etc, but it's just amazing what a new baby grandchild does for you - your priorities seem to change a little ... choice of spending two days on a cold wet windy Addingham Moorside or playing with Isabella? :rolleyes:

By the way John, I'm still waiting for your's and Robbie's entry forms for next week at Shipley ... late again!

Take care.

Barbara

You know me B I will do it on the day i never let you down...

Enjoy the little one and say high to Jim and Brian for me.

JP x

I saw this last week and i was gutted!, It has been a pleasure riding for cleanbikes since 2005. When i made the decision to leave cleanbikes because of uni commitments it was a very hard one to make and it really has been such a pleasure!!

I wish you all the luck with the new baby/grand daughter Barbara, Chris and family! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure you have a memorable last day barb! hope everything goes well for you in the future, will be sincerely missed :(

Yes, today's our last day! :lol:

Although having both been very ill for the last few weeks we're sadly behind with getting all the sale items onto the site. Bikes and frames have all gone, but if you need anything Monty over the next few months, clothing/spares etc, check out the website for at least 20% discount. I promise that you'll get the same service as before with items being mailed out at the earliest opportunity (same day or next day) and I won't rip you off or delay sending products!!!!! :rolleyes:

I hope to see everyone at all the trials this year (and if you don't already compete, give it a go, it really is good fun!!!). Bracken Rocks on the 19th April - can't wait! (Y)

Thank you to everyone for supporting cleanbikes over the last eight years.

Barbara

It's sad that you're guys closing, although I saw your web site only a few times. 8 years it's a long period. Hard to loose out good people.

about sale. Will you be able to send me some items overseas?

It's sad that you're guys closing, although I saw your web site only a few times. 8 years it's a long period. Hard to loose out good people.

about sale. Will you be able to send me some items overseas?

If you email us at info@cleanbikes.co.uk with details of what you want/need, we'll let you know the shipping cost, then you can use the PayPal's "send money" option to pay.

Cheers

Barbara