203mm To Big For Trials?

1337 Trials

Helloo.

Im currently building a stock up. My mod has a 160mm hope mono trials but I was thinking of using a 203mm avid juicy 5 on my stock. Would this rotor be to big? I would use my hope trials but I will be using my MTB wheel so I was thinking of leaving my rotor on the wheel so I can swap the wheels over if I was to ride MTB. (My MTB has the 203mm avid juicy 5)

Overall do you think a 203mm rotor would be to big for a stock trials?

Edited by 1337 Trials

remember simpson had a 203 on his echo

Yea that was good, I have also used 203 rotors on mods which was a bit insane, I find that they offer so much power most of it is pretty "un-usable" because its just too sharp which can make it a pain in the ass, but with a juicy I think you find a 203 would be good, however on a BB7 180 would be idea=l.

I had a 203mm on my Zoot. Absolutely f**king amazing. One touch and it just locked up. Sooooo powerfull it was unreal. My ex squeezed it and flew right over the bars and broke her arm. And 2 other mates flew over the bars :P hahaa.

What about one of these badboys...230mm anyone haha

230mm Alpine Kit

230mm Alpine Kit

Obviously designed for downhill but meh....

I had a 203mm on my Zoot. Absolutely f**king amazing. One touch and it just locked up. Sooooo powerfull it was unreal. My ex squeezed it and flew right over the bars and broke her arm. And 2 other mates flew over the bars :P hahaa.

What about one of these badboys...230mm anyone haha

230mm Alpine Kit

230mm Alpine Kit

Obviously designed for downhill but meh....

haha madness ;)

Thanks for the replys. Im going to run the avid juicy 5 203mm and see how it goes. Bike should be built in 2 weeks max hopefully just looking for a rear wheel :o