Complete Newbie!

Swagyy

Hey everyone im interested in getting a trials bike, ive never ridden one and dont really know anything about it. Ive seen alot of people doing it around london e.t.c and it really interests me and want to start leaning. So can anyone recommend a good bike to get for a complete beginner? Im quite tall (6'2) so i was wondering if height plays a big role when choosing a bike? I dont really have a big budget so would probably want a 2nd hand one for around £200? Also what are the first things i should learn bearing in mind when i say i dont really know anything i mean nothing. I suppose i should learn what all the bike parts are e.t.c? im 20 almost 21 but its never too late to start right? Hope to hear from you guys soon, cheers.

Hey everyone im interested in getting a trials bike, ive never ridden one and dont really know anything about it. Ive seen alot of people doing it around london e.t.c and it really interests me and want to start leaning. So can anyone recommend a good bike to get for a complete beginner? Im quite tall (6'2) so i was wondering if height plays a big role when choosing a bike? I dont really have a big budget so would probably want a 2nd hand one for around £200? Also what are the first things i should learn bearing in mind when i say i dont really know anything i mean nothing. I suppose i should learn what all the bike parts are e.t.c? im 20 almost 21 but its never too late to start right? Hope to hear from you guys soon, cheers.

Never too late to start :D

I'd say a 26Inch ? like a onza t-rex ? have you looked on tarty bikes ?

TARTY BIKES LINK CLICK ME

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Luke

Normaly, Id start ripping you for asking such an annoying question that has come up like 5 times today, but seeing as you only joined 20mins ago its ok.:P

Seeing as your 6.2 I recommend you get a stock (26"). Go on www.tartybikes.com and have a browse on there. Tarty are f**king awsome and I recommend you only buy from there really. Seeing as your new to the whole thing I will tell you this; Avoid trials-uk.co.uk (Dan KO is a scamming b*****d), use Capitol letters and spell correctly. Dont rush through your threads thinking its all ok just put some effort into your posts.

Hope I have helped. :)

Jack.

Normaly, Id start ripping you for asking such an annoying question that has come up like 5 times today, but seeing as you only joined 20mins ago its ok.:P

Seeing as your 6.2 I recommend you get a stock (26"). Go on www.tartybikes.com and have a browse on there. Tarty are f**king awsome and I recommend you only buy from there really. Seeing as your new to the whole thing I will tell you this; Avoid trials-uk.co.uk (Dan KO is a scamming b*****d), use Capital letters and spell correctly. Dont rush through your threads thinking its all ok just put some effort into your posts.

Jack.

Why did you have to say that yes he very new to the forum so cut him a break it doesnt matter how tall you are my mate is 6foot 2 and he ride a echo lite short ! As youve seen people around london ask them to have a go on their bike say your looking o get into trials and you need to see whats out there they will be happy to help someone who wants to get involved with our sport as its nowhere near as large as anything else, and yes for parts use tarty and trials-uk have closed/closing down if you read the forum. Follow the rules and you will become a member in no time.

Tris

Why did you have to say that yes he very new to the forum so cut him a break it doesnt matter how tall you are my mate is 6foot 2 and he ride a echo lite short ! As youve seen people around london ask them to have a go on their bike say your looking o get into trials and you need to see whats out there they will be happy to help someone who wants to get involved with our sport as its nowhere near as large as anything else, and yes for parts use tarty and trials-uk have closed/closing down if you read the forum. Follow the rules and you will become a member in no time.

Tris

GTFO. Fool.

Seeing as your 6.2 I recommend you get a stock (26"). Go on www.tartybikes.com and have a browse on there. Tarty are f**king awsome and I recommend you only buy from there really. Seeing as your new to the whole thing I will tell you this; Avoid trials-uk.co.uk (Dan KO is a scamming b*****d), use Capitol letters and spell correctly. Dont rush through your threads thinking its all ok just put some effort into your posts.

Jack.

Spelling and grammar LOL

Repetitive LOL

Edited by Ben John-Hynes

Well hight doesnt really play a role in what bike you need to get, I'm 23 and I'm 6'5'' and I ride a Zona Zip (a 20'' bike).

One way you could find a bike for £200 is to look on ebay,

Or,

When you could look in the for sale part to this website. Please note you cant message them though the website (Untill you get validated.).But if they have a email address on there profile email from hotmail or something like that.

Daz.

Edited by Cresswell_d

definatly never to late to start riding trials!

have you browsed ebay?

my mate picked up a sarecen made phase 2.2 with magura's(hydrolic rim brakes,most coman trials brake?) for £200

and id say yes start with learning the parts then trackstands and balancing moves.

then move onto learning the pedle hop

Spelling and grammar LOL

Repetitive LOL

The word 'Capitol' was also used in the wrong context. :P

It should have been 'Capital'.

I'm sorry, I just really felt the need to point that out.

Edit: On the subject of punctuation and spelling I realised I missed the full stop off the end of the first sentance...

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith (:

GTFO. Fool.

Your a f**king disgrace.

Get off your high horse, your no better than the new members because you've been a full member. You are worse.

You were a full member and you proved yourself to be such a tool that you were demoted, so put the keyboard down until you can control your forgetful fingers.

Get in, i was starting to think bike riding was for the 'yoof'.

'The yoof' have it easy now! well eaiser.

1995, downhill seasson, full rigid kona, set of risers and bear traps! Hardcore!

7inch full sus bike, bah! Easy!

Got to admit though I'd swap places/times at the drop of a hat! :giggle: