Can I Take My Bike On The Train?

trialsmax04

yeah, like the other guy said, check with your local network but you should be fine i take my bike on the trains all the time.

you can usualy put them in the bit where the carrages join.

but a word of advice stay with your bike even if it means standing, its not worth letting someone walk off the train with your pride and joy.

yeah, You should be able to. Most trains have an area for bikes but you may have to check because some of them don't have the space to fit them on.

You don't want to do what i did.

Walked onto train with my bike and there were no space for it. So everyone was looking at me and the ticket man came along and gave me a telling off. It was so embarrassing.

Josh. :D

yeah, You should be able to. Most trains have an area for bikes but you may have to check because some of them don't have the space to fit them on.

You don't want to do what i did.

Walked onto train with my bike and there were no space for it. So everyone was looking at me and the ticket man came along and gave me a telling off. It was so embarrassing.

Josh. :D

You should have just said. GTFO man.

As the title says. Can i take my bike on the train? Reason being, there is a small branch line just over the road from my house, and i need to take my bike on the train so i can get into plymouth for rides at weekends.

Max

Yes taken mine on loads of times but stand with it there is lots of jealous thieving Tw*ts.

Danny (Y)

Your lucky your not in Manchester well let's say I'm not allowed not bike on trams so to get to Manchester town I have to ride around 4-5 Mile to get to the nearest train station. (train's here are every hour). So if I miss it I'm F#*%ed

If I wanted to take the bike on the tram a would need a bike bag nothing can be sticking out of the bag, but if you have a folding bike then you dont need a bag. Skateboards are allowed but Rollerblades are not for some strange reason.

Im pretty sure you can take bikes on the trains in the Plymouth area as Alex Dark, Sprog, Adam to name just a few bring their bikes up from Lostwhivile to ride Plymouth most weekends on the train.

You're better off just phoning and asking, stating what train you'll be travelling on.

When travelling from Stoke - Winchester on a Cross Country Train it was 5:30am, and the desk wasn't open, meaning we were unable to book a bike reservation, and so we chanced it, only to be approached by the real moody train manager (called Olga, how funny.) who threw us off at Stafford. We had to book a reservation at Stafford, piss about for about an hour and a half waiting for another train.

On southern services, like South West Trains, I've never seen a problem or seen anyone have to present the papers showing a bike reservation was made.

Your best bet is just to book a reservation to be honest...